• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The "Can I claim... through business expenses?" thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'll go for 7
    Too high. 4.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    You can also claim for the Physiotherapy, Osteopathy and Personal Training incurred wholly and exclusively in the conduct of your business. Whether it's allowed or not is a different matter.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jessicafang View Post
    Great response. Thanks so much guys. I am definitely in the right place. To top it up, I have also get a customized insoles to go with the trainer and cost me in total of £175 (£130 for the trainer and £45 for the insoles). I am thinking MicrosoftBob advice of fitbit. Do you guys think this is too much to claim? They might think I am taking a pxxx? Cheers.
    I'll go for 7

Leave a comment:

• Jessicafang
    replied
    Great response. Thanks so much guys. I am definitely in the right place. To top it up, I have also get a customized insoles to go with the trainer and cost me in total of £175 (£130 for the trainer and £45 for the insoles). I am thinking MicrosoftBob advice of fitbit. Do you guys think this is too much to claim? They might think I am taking a pxxx? Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Don't forget to expense a fitbit to go with it as well

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Sure, but if you sell your used insoles for sniffing perverts it could be a Benefit in kind

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jessicafang View Post
    I understand this topic has been discussed previously. But I have different scenario here and hope someone here can help. So I have recently started a contract with a company and the company promote being active and health, so they gave us a pedometer and target to track our activities on daily basis. I am not a regular runner so I have to purchase a pair of trainer for this. So I only buy this pair for work purpose. So can l claim this through my expenses? Many thanks.
    Yes you can. Also if you **** up your contract you can also pay for the can of lube you're going to need when they find out.

Leave a comment:

• Jessicafang
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Of course. Don't forget the sports bra too (.)(.)
    That is super-helpful. Never thought about the sport bra. Good point though! Millions Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Of course. Don't forget the sports bra too (.)(.)

Leave a comment:

• The "Can I claim... through business expenses?" thread

I understand this topic has been discussed previously. But I have different scenario here and hope someone here can help. So I have recently started a contract with a company and the company promote being active and health, so they gave us a pedometer and target to track our activities on daily basis. I am not a regular runner so I have to purchase a pair of trainer for this. So I only buy this pair for work purpose. So can l claim this through my expenses? Many thanks.

Working...
X