• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will The Housing Market Pick Up After The Election ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    The house prices are at least 40% over priced at the moment. Ever since the stamp duty change, estate agents are just picking a figure between 250k and 350K. I am a home owner too but would love to see a crash, just to see the estate agents crash and burn.
    ZIRP money flooding into the big, govt owned banks, Help To Buy (i.e. taxpayer backed deposits), Tory pledge to give away all social housing to tenants for pretty much free, what's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark McBurney@CMME View Post
      Either way, I don't think there will be too much of a slow down after the election either, particularly given Labour's pledge to abolish Stamp Duty for FTB's up to £300k purchase price today, too.
      I suppose the Tory plan to extend right to buy to more tenants may slow down the rises a little, whereas Labour will only push up prices by raising stamp duty allowance. OTOH Labour's plan to cap rent rises may lead to some BTL scum getting out of the market, or not getting into the market.

The best hope for a major correction is if somebody really screws the economy.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I suppose the Tory plan to extend right to buy to more tenants may slow down the rises a little, whereas Labour will only push up prices by raising stamp duty allowance. OTOH Labour's plan to cap rent rises may lead to some BTL scum getting out of the market, or not getting into the market.

The best hope for a major correction is if somebody really screws the economy.
        BTL scum?! lol. I hope you don't have a pension - lest you be a hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          Interested on fellow CUKers thoughts on the above. I hearing differing views that generally the housing market goes quiet leading up to a general election and then picks up after. What are people's thoughts - is it a case of sit tight and see what happens for now or go for what is currently available ?
          Good article here for you:

Analysis: After the election, things will take off | Opinion | Mortgage Strategy

Comment

Working...
          X