• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please explain this story to me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Judging by the crowd of usual suspects outside the Leeds Station Wetherspoons at 8:15 in the morning, with a pint of larger in one hand and a fag in the other, yes.
    lager
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Oh.

This says they don't use 'em any more.

First TransPennine Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is the "Express" bit different then?

This^ is standard conveyance (which may be a 144 rather than a 142. In either case, it's ******* tulipe.

Transpennine Express is a different company. They do Liverpool to Newcastle/Hull/Scarbrough via Manchester, Huddersfield, Leeds and York.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
        We have this new fangled invention called the car nowadays much more efficient than a bus on rails.
        less
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Oh.

This says they don't use 'em any more.

First TransPennine Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is the "Express" bit different then?
          TPEx is the main East-West service and is very regular and very good, the rest of West Yorkshire Metro and I know MerseyRail still use the 142's, and are bloody cold in the Winter
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

This^ is standard conveyance (which may be a 144 rather than a 142. In either case, it's ******* tulipe.

Transpennine Express is a different company. They do Liverpool to Newcastle/Hull/Scarbrough via Manchester, Huddersfield, Leeds and York.
            Looks like what they use for the commuter trains into Glasgow
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The Pacers are basically Leyland Atlantean buses on a BR standard wagon frame.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Is rush hour when they all go and collect their benefits just before the pub opens?
                In addition to what DaveB said earlier, they queue for the "50p off a weatherspoon's pint" tokens before the damn thing @ Leeds station opens.

Comment

not doing much for our image guys, next it will be does the 140 have single our double bogeys? (Hint I don't care).

Who says IT guys are a bunch of train spotting anoraks?

had an interesting talk with some DOT guys at the station the other day apparently the train companies pack the trains so they can try to force the government to subsidise upgrades.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    less
                    What's the saying....If you are frequently taking public transport over the age of 30 your life is a failure

Comment

Class 185 and Class 350.

Dunno what they're complaining about.

Ought to try the Class 150/Class 153 crap that's down here.
                      Trainspotter? Weirdo!

Comment

Working...
                      X