• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solicitor recommendations for conveyancing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    You must be very fussy!
    Funny, the wife says exactly the same thing.

Comment

Result?

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      Was going to post this in Accounting/Legal but wasn't sure it was relevant as its not really about contracting but anyway...we may have *finally* found a property that we like and feel we have a good chance of getting although I'm still hoping to get it down from its asking price (£297,500, next door identical just sold for £290k so that's the aim).

I want to try and get all our ducks in a row as I want to get to exchange ASAP - we need to be exchanged by 10 Jan so we don't miss the cut off for applying for schools for our daughter. This obviously depends a lot on the onward chain as the vendors are looking to buy somewhere but I want to make sure things move as quickly as possible at our end.

I've had one conveyancing quote from my mortgage broker's recommended firm that came in quite high - well over £1000. I've got some online quotes in the range of £750-1000, including a quote from these guys Homeward Legal for £541.20 conveyancing fees (all inclusive) + £400 in disbursements (not including stamp duty obviously).

I'm trying to weigh up whether to go with an online conveyancer (I'm more than happy to deal with everything by email) or go with someone a bit more local. Any views on which is better and any particular online conveyancers you'd happily recommend? Thanks.
      Hi there - did you end up going with Homeward Legal - if so what were they like? I've got a quote form them, too. Any feedback on them would be welcomed.

P

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
        Hi there - did you end up going with Homeward Legal - if so what were they like? I've got a quote form them, too. Any feedback on them would be welcomed.

P
        Nope, I went with a Norwich firm called MJP Conveyancing:
        Home Page

I'm generally happy with them although they are a bit anal about certain things - asking for things like FENSA certificates that are 13 years old etc. probably not a terrible thing though.

Their online portal for communication is decent and they are very quick to respond to my queries.

We've still not completed our house purchase; we've been practically ready to exchange for ages but our vendor's purchase feel through back in November and we're still waiting for them to find somewhere to buy (they've got two open offers on places, fingers crossed we complete the chain soon).

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          Nope, I went with a Norwich firm called MJP Conveyancing:
          Home Page

I'm generally happy with them although they are a bit anal about certain things - asking for things like FENSA certificates that are 13 years old etc. probably not a terrible thing though.

Their online portal for communication is decent and they are very quick to respond to my queries.

We've still not completed our house purchase; we've been practically ready to exchange for ages but our vendor's purchase feel through back in November and we're still waiting for them to find somewhere to buy (they've got two open offers on places, fingers crossed we complete the chain soon).
          Thanks for the response. Ah, I hope you exchange soon, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            We used an online one, all went smoothly.
            Which one you used?

Comment

Congratulations on finding a house!

I'm just getting started on this myself, I put in an offer on Saturday which was accepted, so now rushing to appoint a solicitor
              No chain on vendors side and I'm a first time buyer so no chain my side either, should hopefully go pretty smoothly and quickly.
              I've decided on going with a local solicitor (Kirk and Partners) as I haven't really been able to find more than about a £40 difference in the quotes provided by various solicitors.

Comment

Originally posted by computerguru View Post
                Which one you used?
                In-Deed | Conveyancing | InDeed Conveyancing Lawyers
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Thanks

Comment

We were going to move but it all feel through. These were who we were using Glaisyers Solicitors Manchester | Your kind of law firm

Comment

Originally posted by computerguru View Post
                      Thanks
                      Thanks, that's useful.

Comment

Working...
                      X