• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all Fanbois!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Don't think that has anything to do with the phone - and everything to do with the servers providing the feed....
    Same website (iPlayer), same 4G network (3 mobile), sat next to each other, only difference was the handset.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      Same website (iPlayer), same 4G network (3 mobile), sat next to each other, only difference was the handset.
      Nope the important difference is the codec used by the mobile and the way the video stream encoding works for that codec..

Mind you its 22 years since I dealt with such things in anger
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Have Apple managed to copy Samsung with the battery tech in the 7?
        Talk about a major cock up, Steve Jobs must have had a word with the big man upstairs (or the bloke with the horns), thats left the field right open for Apple.

Comment

Think you have hit on the real reason there, they recognised a non-apple device and the bandwidth was strangled accordingly
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Nope the important difference is the codec used by the mobile and the way the video stream encoding works for that codec..

Mind you its 22 years since I dealt with such things in anger
            Still a 3 minute lag on a live stream is pretty cr@p no matter what the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Think you have hit on the real reason there, they recognised a non-apple device and the bandwidth was strangled accordingly
              Must have been the time it takes for the OnePlusOne to route that data through a chinese server for 'backup' purposes

Comment

Still a 3 minute lag on a live stream is pretty cr@p no matter what the reason.
                were you watching CBeebies? they have the delay in case the presenters swear. Apple owners are used to being called chunts.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Have Apple managed to copy Samsung with the battery tech in the 7?
                  They've given it a chance to sweat its way to an explosion by making it water and dust resistant.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Looking errrrrmmm, headphone arrangement looking real cool guys

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ter-headphones

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I know people bang on about lower priced android phones being just as good but can I just relay this to you, when the first England Game was on me and a fellow contractor we're watching it on our mobiles (at our desks, keep invoicing and all that) , me on an iPhone 6+, him on a One Plus One phone, both on the same 4G network watching on iPlayer, his stream was a good 2 - 3 minutes behind mine by the end of the match to the point he was wondering whether I was able to see into the future with my reactions to play he hadn't even seen yet!, you get what you pay for...a 300 quid phone off some Chinese tech company is not going to cut the mustard when the going gets tough against the premium handsets from the likes of Apple and Samsung.
                      Yeah, what do Asian nations know about technology?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X