• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kal View Post
    That's all very well but not anyone who sat at home watching Jeremy Kyle can apply for a role like this, looks like they want an experienced agile team lead working in financials for 190 notes a day. Client is probably paying £250 so the agent is taking a 30% cut (total conjecture on my part but not beyond the realms of feasibility IMO).
    So basically, one would be better off flipping burgers at McDonalds or stacking shelves at Tesco if you factor in holiday and sickness benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Looks to me like the very first step on the "middle management" ladder - probably about £25k's worth in permie land. I made the switch to contracting and decided it would be worth the risk and switch if I could get £250 per day....
      Agree with this. Kal has this one all wrong but won't let it drop even after 3 pages of posts pointing it out.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Agree with this. Kal has this one all wrong but won't let it drop even after 3 pages of posts pointing it out.
        C'mon only 3 pages?. This is CUK!, at least 10 pages of comments telling me I'm talking complete bollox are required before I will even consider that I possibly, maybe, could be, a little teeny tiny bit... wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
          C'mon only 3 pages?. This is CUK!, at least 10 pages of comments telling me I'm talking complete bollox are required before I will even consider that I possibly, maybe, could be, a little teeny tiny bit... wrong.
          You are PC's sockie aren't you?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You are PC's sockie aren't you?
            Can't be, the only time I claimed JSA was for 2 weeks in 1996 when I left uni before getting my first graduate job, PC has his own parking space at his local Job Centre

Comment

Working...
            X