Public Sector Rules, coming to you soon...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    220
    Thanks (Given)
    7
    Thanks (Received)
    16
    Likes (Given)
    17
    Likes (Received)
    83

    Default Public Sector Rules, coming to you soon...

    So who's excited about this? I am. Any glimpse as to whether the new spend spend spend era of Conservatism is going to be funded almost entirely by contractors?

  2. #2

    Contractor Among Contractors

    DotasScandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks (Given)
    132
    Thanks (Received)
    115
    Likes (Given)
    1341
    Likes (Received)
    362

    Default

    Until they run out of contractors to milk. Which could come very quickly - politicians being notoriously inept at predicting the consequences of their actions on the behavior of economic agents.
    As far as I'm concerned, the implosion of the UK cannot come soon enough.

  3. #3
    eek
    eek is offline

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    22,718
    Thanks (Given)
    271
    Thanks (Received)
    1296
    Likes (Given)
    1084
    Likes (Received)
    3761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    So who's excited about this? I am. Any glimpse as to whether the new spend spend spend era of Conservatism is going to be funded almost entirely by contractors?
    The private sector will be a lot less accommodating than the public sector has been in implementing the rules.

    As I've stated for a while the things to watch out for is not IR35 but the Taylor Review recommendations....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  4. #4

    TripleIronDad

    BrilloPad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Far far away
    Posts
    99,606
    Thanks (Given)
    25162
    Thanks (Received)
    6756
    Likes (Given)
    25162
    Likes (Received)
    11220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    The private sector will be a lot less accommodating than the public sector has been in implementing the rules.

    As I've stated for a while the things to watch out for is not IR35 but the Taylor Review recommendations....
    This is then one that looks into "rights of self-employed and gig-economy workers"? And actually makes matters worse for them?

    A shame they don't look at CT loopholes.

    The government just want Accenture Androids and Cr4p Capitas to get the money. While they keep their kickbacks of course....
    If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

  5. #5

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,333
    Thanks (Given)
    386
    Thanks (Received)
    1361
    Likes (Given)
    3768
    Likes (Received)
    3353

    Default

    The guidance for public sector has been re-drafted and will be published this week.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

  6. #6

    TripleIronDad

    BrilloPad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Far far away
    Posts
    99,606
    Thanks (Given)
    25162
    Thanks (Received)
    6756
    Likes (Given)
    25162
    Likes (Received)
    11220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    The guidance for public sector has been re-drafted and will be published this week.
    Inneresting. Any idea what is coming up in them?
    If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

  7. #7
    eek
    eek is offline

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    22,718
    Thanks (Given)
    271
    Thanks (Received)
    1296
    Likes (Given)
    1084
    Likes (Received)
    3761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    This is then one that looks into "rights of self-employed and gig-economy workers"? And actually makes matters worse for them?

    A shame they don't look at CT loopholes.

    The government just want Accenture Androids and Cr4p Capitas to get the money. While they keep their kickbacks of course....
    That depends on your viewpoint. There are a fair few gig workers who have approached unions to try and improve their lot in life...

    Someone commented (elsewhere) today that the economy has been hollowed out and work is now minimum wage or £40k plus and there is little in between... I think that viewpoint is very valid...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  8. #8

    TripleIronDad

    BrilloPad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Far far away
    Posts
    99,606
    Thanks (Given)
    25162
    Thanks (Received)
    6756
    Likes (Given)
    25162
    Likes (Received)
    11220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    That depends on your viewpoint. There are a fair few gig workers who have approached unions to try and improve their lot in life...

    Someone commented (elsewhere) today that the economy has been hollowed out and work is now minimum wage or £40k plus and there is little in between... I think that viewpoint is very valid...
    Agreed. And it seems to be hitting productivity.
    If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

  9. #9

    More time posting than coding

    lucycontractorumbrella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colchester, Essex
    Posts
    438
    Thanks (Given)
    52
    Thanks (Received)
    42
    Likes (Given)
    255
    Likes (Received)
    92

    Default

    Due out today or tomorrow, according to an email received today at 14:32...

    As you have previously shown an interest in off-payroll working reforms, we thought you would be interested to read that HMRC has re-drafted our guidance for off-payroll working. We expect it to be published today or tomorrow on the off-payroll working guidance pages of GOV.UK.

    We will send you a further email with the revised link once it becomes available.

    Kind regards

    HMRC, Employment Status & Intermediaries Policy Team.
    Just watching what I say

    We now offer Ltd too, so if you need a company that you can switch between Ltd & Umbrella, just shout!

    Connect with me on LinkedIn

  10. #10

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    68
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    4
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default

    No news as yet then?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.