• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£50K Interest Free Loan for 12 Months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andydd68 View Post
    Applied at Barclays and got it..was quite painless and quick,(note my personal credit rating is pretty awful).
    What has that got to do with anything?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Funds in my account courtesy of RBS first thing this morning (applied Monday 09:03). It's been quite stressful as there was no real guidance on what to expect and when. But now that's all resolved and this eases the pressure on the war chest meaning I don't have to consider opportunities that don't tick every single box (not that there are any opportunities around at present), I can be 100% selective. Also, until something arises I can focus on these plan B's, C's, D's, that have always taken a back seat because I was too busy fee earning. It feels very liberating I have to say, especially with spring/summer/autumn at home instead of the weekly London commute.

Good luck to all out there.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
        Funds in my account courtesy of RBS first thing this morning (applied Monday 09:03). It's been quite stressful as there was no real guidance on what to expect and when. But now that's all resolved and this eases the pressure on the war chest meaning I don't have to consider opportunities that don't tick every single box (not that there are any opportunities around at present), I can be 100% selective. Also, until something arises I can focus on these plan B's, C's, D's, that have always taken a back seat because I was too busy fee earning. It feels very liberating I have to say, especially with spring/summer/autumn at home instead of the weekly London commute.

Good luck to all out there.
        Yup applied for mine, have an upgraded maserati on hold, hopefully funds will clear by Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Yup applied for mine, have an upgraded maserati on hold, hopefully funds will clear by Tuesday

Thought does cross my mind that if a 'contract I cant refuse' were to come along, I'd be down the Jag dealership for an iPace company car. 0% BIK.

Comment

Where do you all drive all those cars?

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
              To our lovers houses

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                you don't have to drive it, it's just a question of it being on your driveway so the neighbours can hate you even more.

Comment

you don't have to drive it, it's just a question of it being on your driveway so the neighbours can hate you even more.
                  Yup. My friends who live over canary wharf way are regularly amazed that my neighbours in Kensington are happy to park their Ferraris and Maseratis (etc...) on the street

Comment

Are your neighbours that important to you?

Comment

If you were a proper contractor your closest neighbours would only just be visible from the butlers window.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X