• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK minister backs state bailout for owner-directors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike67 View Post
    If they bail out limited company directors, Rishi will then say that there is justification for treating us like employees and that HMRC is justified in the IR35 war against us. If he does not, there is at least a stronger argument that IR35 is unfair as we didn't get any bail out. Although tbh I reckon when this is all over the Government will just conflate limited company directors with other self employed people and conveniently ignore that there is difference of thousands of pounds in the support given to them.
    You may be lumping contractors in with all the company directors who aren't contractors here.

Contractors are realistically a special case, neither one thing nor t'other - variously rewarded and punished by personal and corporate tax rules through being in the crossfire as it were. IR35 is a tremendously clumsy band-aid.
    Some may - quite reasonably - say a special 'PSC' sort of vehicle allows HMRC to more directly target us, but I still feel it's worth considering so one at least knows where they stand and that there IS a tax system deliberately set up for us.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
    X