• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corona already impacting my business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Well i lost the best contract ive ever had today due to Coronavirus.

had gone on for 3 years, for a travel company which wasn't doing brilliantly, so inevitable really.

Still got a heafty notice period but gutting never the less.
    Wasnt Flybe by any chance

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
      Wasnt Flybe by any chance
      There will be enough others over the next 3 months..

It may also give tele-conferencing the kick start it never really had.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        There will be enough others over the next 3 months..

It may also give tele-conferencing the kick start it never really had.
        Teams FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Teams FTW!

(But only if security allows it - otherwise you're fecked… )
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Teams FTW!

After a particularly painful hour last year when the entirety of MS's support team was trying to fix something in my conversation window I'm very careful over using Teams...

It has a lot of very, very nice features but a few hideous ones.

There is even a free 6 month trial at the moment see Manage the free Office 365 E1 Trial - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

We got a memo from HQ this morning, telling us that we can dress "Business Casual" due to coronavirus

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
                We got a memo from HQ this morning, telling us that we can dress "Business Casual" due to coronavirus
                Hope you told them as a contractor you are not under direction and control and will therefor continue to come in bespoke suited and handmade booted. Mont Blanc cufflinks and all...
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
                  So HazMat suit is okay?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Hope you told them as a contractor you are not under direction and control and will therefor continue to come in bespoke suited and handmade booted. Mont Blanc cufflinks and all...
                    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    So HazMat suit is okay?
                    Good idea. I'll see if Primark have any. Can't be affording the luxury threads after IR35

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                      I had an interview planned a few days ago which was canceled at the last minute for some vague reason, then, when I was chasing to get a new date I got an e-mail from the pimp:
                      "All recruitment has been put on hold because of the impact of Coronavirus is having/could have on the business"

WTAF?
                      I have news for you. There's hardly any business which is not impacted by Coronavirus. And it will get worse before it gets better

Comment

Working...
                      X