• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corona already impacting my business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corona already impacting my business

I had an interview planned a few days ago which was canceled at the last minute for some vague reason, then, when I was chasing to get a new date I got an e-mail from the pimp:
    "All recruitment has been put on hold because of the impact of Coronavirus is having/could have on the business"

WTAF?
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Madness. All it needs is some hand sanitizer as people come in. Even that is too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
      I had an interview planned a few days ago which was canceled at the last minute for some vague reason, then, when I was chasing to get a new date I got an e-mail from the pimp:
      "All recruitment has been put on hold because of the impact of Coronavirus is having/could have on the business"

WTAF?
      Supplies could fail to be delivered, sales could fall through the floor - there is a whole set of reasons why something that was important last Friday is now an expense too great.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

"All recruitment has been put on hold."

Is that not BAU for a pimp?

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Supplies could fail to be delivered, sales could fall through the floor - there is a whole set of reasons why something that was important last Friday is now an expense too great.
          Or something that at least needs to be delayed to see how much cash reserve is going to be eaten by it.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
            Or something that at least needs to be delayed to see how much cash reserve is going to be eaten by it.
            Tell me about it...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              At my current gig we use HP kit. We have already been told by our suppliers that there are going to be delays to any big orders of new kit..

Thats a put a couple of projects on hold...luckily not mine....yet

Comment

Well i lost the best contract ive ever had today due to Coronavirus.

had gone on for 3 years, for a travel company which wasn't doing brilliantly, so inevitable really.

Still got a heafty notice period but gutting never the less.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                  Well i lost the best contract ive ever had today due to Coronavirus.

had gone on for 3 years, for a travel company which wasn't doing brilliantly, so inevitable really.

Still got a heafty notice period but gutting never the less.
                  Interesting...

Comment

Oh yeah, it was functionally permanent in the end.

I left the UK a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X