• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help with choosing an umbrella company.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Can't remember who Tarpon used to be, but IIRC they received less than glowing references in their former incarnation. Actually, thinking about it, didn't their previous company go bust?

Just go with Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Anonimouse
    replied
    Avoid parasol my personal experience was bad and a recent colleague has just discovered she has been paying too much tax thru them.

Leave a comment:

• riffpie
    replied
    Originally posted by harrisjac View Post
    I've recently become an employee for an IT company and i need to choose an umbrella company to go with. Several people have recommended parasol but i see tarpon are giving away free ipad airs. Whats everyones recommendations?
    Never, ever, ever let "free iPad" be used to convince to you do something. Ever.

Leave a comment:

• captainham
    replied
    Free anything sounds gimmicky and I wouldn't trust them to be honest. Free my ar$e, it's still the fees you're paying to them that make it 'free'.

No recommendations from me as I don't use a brolly, but Lisa from ContractUmbrella is a regular contributor and I know I'd give them a call at least if I ever needed an umbrella.

And I too would like to know why an employee requires an umbrella in the first place...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Originally posted by harrisjac View Post
    I've recently become an employee for an IT company and i need to choose an umbrella company to go with. Several people have recommended parasol but i see tarpon are giving away free ipad airs. Whats everyones recommendations?
    An 'employee'?? Then why are you here? (I have a good guess).

Anyway, ignoring that anomaly. Have you wondered how they can afford to give away 'free' iPad airs?

Oh, and are they still charging a percentage of your day rate instead of a monthly flat rate? (Those 2 statements may be connected...)

Google tarpon first and look past their website.

Do your homework before you sign up.

Leave a comment:

• harrisjac
    started a topic Help with choosing an umbrella company.

Working...
X