• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family illness etc - chances might have to can gig

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's tough but you are right family comes first, good luck I hope your wife gets better soon.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Sorry to hear about your wife, but perhaps you should be putting some serious time into evaluating how you deal with problem situations.

You come over as a bit of a wet lettuce, constantly railing against things you can't control. Your wife probably feels like she has two children to look after.

FFS man up, take control and make some decisions. You might look back and think "oh, that was the wrong choice" but that's what helps you grow as a person.

Comment

Originally posted by chineseJohn View Post

Try some of these...

Search Results - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          WMSS.

PC's probably better off with a blog or mumsnet.

Although, I am waiting for the "Not getting any at home so is it acceptable to knock one out in the client traps - Anyone else experienced this?" thread.

Comment

I'm guessing you're not going to exercise your right to substitution then...

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              WMSS.

Although, I am waiting for the "Not getting any at home so is it acceptable to knock one out in the client traps - Anyone else experienced this?" thread.
              Which will be in either Business / Contracts because it's not against his permie contract, or Accounting / Legal because he wants to know if it's legal.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                Disguised permies don't have a right of substitution.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  WMSS.

Hang on now. You lot are having a go at me?

I aint the one who gets kicks out of having a dig at strangers on an internet forum......
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    Now that'd be an idea of course. But no - I dont have anyone lined up.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Now that'd be an idea of course. But no - I dont have anyone lined up.
                      Time to start interviewing subbies then! You are a business, after all, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X