• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Find out which recruiters are most trusted...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really, really trying to get my head round this.

I enter a list of agents that I have any contact with. I can then flag them as being either someone to tell that I'm available, or someone not to bother with. Or even if they are in my non-trusted list, they can still get a notification if I want them to.

So, I become available, and log into the system. And you then send a notification which may or may not include my contact details to the people that I've put into the different lists. The notification tells them what? That I'm available and looking at a certain rate? Just that I'm available?

This saves me the effort of emailing them or calling them myself.

I don't see how it stops agents from contacting me otherwise - they have my details, so am I meant to tell them that they should check your system to see if I'm available?

I cannot see how using this system helps reduce the number of calls or emails that I receive. Maybe if every agency used your system, then it might, but I really cannot see how it does that.

Finally, where does the money come from? If you're not selling access to your database, then where does the money come from to develop and operate the site? Are you going to charge contractors to be on there, or agents to be sent a notification? Advertising?

I'd love to think that I'm missing something, but there's nothing in your replies here and nothing on the website which even comes close to explaining why I should use your "service".
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

"Bar" recruiters who lie

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      To assume that there is a long PSL may be true in banking, but not necessarily true of the entire industry.
      I have to admit I am polarised by my work in Investment Banking.

Last permie job I had, we replaced the PSL with one agency. I know that they still have only one approved agency. And yet I still see other agencies advertising the same role at the same place, even though they can't get you through the door.
      Wow! That's news to me, I knew about fabricated ads, but not cloned (for referral I suppose)

If candidates are gamed they can use the 'Barred' facility, reducing the recruiters trust rating on our site

Comment

Fixing..

That's not true, though.

That might be what you want, but you ask for access to the friend list as well.

Not good, and another reason to avoid this like the plague.
        Submitted a bug ticket, will reduce the scope for Facebook signup. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
          I admire the enthusiasm and I think everybody should have a plan B, especially given the state of the contracting market.
          Thanks Oliver

This is not a good idea. There's just no need for it. Just activate your CV on Jobserve, eFinancialCareers, post and update on LinkedIn and put the word out amongst the contacts you've made, both fellow contractors and agents you trust.
          • Jobserve doesn't protect your contact details from mass exposure.
          • LinkedIn shares it with your coworkers and bosses

the names sounds a bit dodgy to me - sounds like I'm having an affair or something.
          Haha, I guess I just found plan C?

Comment

Originally posted by benjiman View Post
            We are thinking about allowing candidates to find and add direct hiring managers in future, to help you reach out to a wider network, including ex-bosses when you come back on the market. Does that sound like it would help you see the use of our product?
            Your thinking about anything does not help me in the slightest.

What are you proposing with regard to contractors' ex-bosses? Spamming them when one of their long-forgotten old contractors becomes available?

I can imagine the response of one of my ex-bosses - let's call him Christmas Cafe Nero - when he gets one of your notifications. It would involve an expletive and two simultaneous hand gestures.

Comment

Ok, I stopped contracting 1.5yrs ago and wrote this system because when I was contracting I had to choose between throwing my requirements at:
              • CV blackholes
              • LinkedIn (colleagues/bosses all watching)

How many people have you seen change their job title in LinkedIn to 'Now available" or something, because there is no way to share your requirements online? I see it all the time, and it's a joke!

I designed the tool so that I can tell the guys I trust what I want, and the rest that I'm unavailable without revealing my contact details

Friends and I use this system to start and stop our job hunts, and my google analytics tell me a growing number of other people are too!

My main excitement at the moment is in presenting to you guys a list of which recruiters 'the crowd' trusts most. I can break this down by industry, and rate requirements too.
              So I have a list of agents emails that I trust (or rather hate th least!)

I email that list when available.

Why go through this site?

Recruiters the crowd trusts most? Can't see the agents being happy about that! Lol!

Comment

My main excitement at the moment is in presenting to you guys a list of which recruiters 'the crowd' trusts most. I can break this down by industry, and rate requirements too.
                "'The crowd'"? Is that the "IT Crowd"?

Comment

"give me a job emails" are seedy

Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
                  Your thinking about anything does not help me in the slightest.

What are you proposing with regard to contractors' ex-bosses? Spamming them when one of their long-forgotten old contractors becomes available?

I can imagine the response of one of my ex-bosses - let's call him Christmas Cafe Nero - when he gets one of your notifications. It would involve an expletive and two simultaneous hand gestures.
                  flipFlop you're still talking about us as though we're a spamming tool but we're an opt-in system, you can't discover or contact strangers in the tool.

If hiring managers want to know when you're on the market and you are up for it - what's the problem? If not, don't trust him.

You don't have to write a cringeworthy email saying "if you might be interested, Im back on the market" to anyone

Comment

Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
                    "'The crowd'"? Is that the "IT Crowd"?
                    Haha yes Roy and Moss and the boys do indeed make up 99% of our candidates and recruiters currently

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                      Recruiters the crowd trusts most? Can't see the agents being happy about that! Lol!
                      Ethical relationship-based recruiters are constantly beaten by cowboys or lose leads to them due through the inefficiencies of sourcing.

They have no way of differentiating themselves in an increasingly fragmented space. Job boards have had their day.

There really are some top guys out there that are already highly trusted, they're the ones I'm meeting with, and they love it

Comment

Working...
                      X