• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Avoid Aston Carter at all costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
    And given the way this post is written, I assume you're not a writer either....
    Interesting comment. I hope you didn't get offended, but that's my experience I'm afraid.

Comment

Heh, I am one of at least 5 A-C contractors consulting at said energy company in Swindon, in the same team. We've not had any problems. A-C work on fixed margins there.

Said company is in the process of culling a lot of contractors and if you are hired to work on a german contract, there's all the fun and games with the worker's council.

Perhaps I am lucky with my recruiter at A-C who is excellent, but this is my 2nd contract via them and its no issues at all.

Comment

Not honest in their Contracts..

I am going through the notice period issue today. My contract says 4 weeks notice with Alleges group( aka TEK systems, Aston carter etc..), However they terminated my contract with only 1 week notice.

They really not mirroring the contract they have with end client and just put lengthy contract terms so you never get paid in case the end client runs out of work.

Alleges group make end client believe 1 week notice with contractor, Same time they make contractor to believe 4 week notice with end client.

my subsequently communication with Alleges group revealed that I have following clause in contract means whatever written in assignment schedule is just meaningless.

“Clause 8.2.1. by the Company by notice with immediate effect if (or, for the purpose of clause 8.2.1.(x) below only, by the same period of notice as the Company receives from the Client, less one day):
        (x) for any reason the Client:
        (a) terminates its corresponding agreement with the Company;”

“8.4 The Supplier acknowledges that it is intended to be a flexible resource to meet client demands which are always subject to change. Accordingly any client demand is not within the control of the Company and, in addition to all other termination rights within the Agreement, the Assignment can be terminated immediately and without notice where requested by the Client.”

I would say stay away from Alleges group if possible.

Just wanted to make other folks aware of this nasty practice.

Happy to share relevant part of the contracts as end client has also shared their contract with me to convince me that they are not at fault.

Comment

"Nasty practice"? As in "We and our client will not pay people who have no work to do"?

OK.....
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Dipak View Post
            I am going through the notice period issue today. My contract says 4 weeks notice with Alleges group( aka TEK systems, Aston carter etc..), However they terminated my contract with only 1 week notice.

They really not mirroring the contract they have with end client and just put lengthy contract terms so you never get paid in case the end client runs out of work.

Alleges group make end client believe 1 week notice with contractor, Same time they make contractor to believe 4 week notice with end client.

my subsequently communication with Alleges group revealed that I have following clause in contract means whatever written in assignment schedule is just meaningless.

“Clause 8.2.1. by the Company by notice with immediate effect if (or, for the purpose of clause 8.2.1.(x) below only, by the same period of notice as the Company receives from the Client, less one day):

“8.4 The Supplier acknowledges that it is intended to be a flexible resource to meet client demands which are always subject to change. Accordingly any client demand is not within the control of the Company and, in addition to all other termination rights within the Agreement, the Assignment can be terminated immediately and without notice where requested by the Client.”

Happy to share relevant part of the contracts as end client has also shared their contract with me to convince me that they are not at fault.
            That’s business. Get a job. Sorted.

Comment

It is sad that screwing "business partners" is just business.
              However leaving a contract early - isn't.

I wonder what my accountant would say?

Comment

To rage herw requires tenacity-

Comment

It was up to you when you got your contract reviewed to get the agent to confirm the notice period with the client. Plus you can always negotiate for less notice as there is no point being on-site when there is no work to do as you aren't an employee of the client.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X