• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Funny because many on here have agents who call us up as soon as a particular role is available because they know us. Done properly it's a relationship industry rather than a sales industry.
    yes same here they need to fill the role and once they et to know you they call you back. I have some who keep in touch every few months to see if im still in a contract or not

Comment

Might want to think about a better term than job. Bit pedantic but that's not what they find you.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psionmark View Post
        He hasn't for a while, but he personally promised on multiple occasions over the past 2 and a half years or so.

I was infuriated enough to see him posting about football on Twitter the other day that I started asking him in public when he's going to cough up the £7K or so he owes me. He's not said much since then.
        Nick Phipps now works at Hortor in Leeds. A friend of mine who he owes money to has reported him to the Insolvency Service as he is banned from working as a director, yet appears to be running the company, which is illegal. If he is found guilty then any money he owes people that was written off when his business went under can sometimes be brought back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
          RMI Recruitment
          RMI Consultants
          Resource Management International
          Cloud Computing International

All fronts for a serial failure merchant. Don't get caught being owed by Nick Phipps.
          He's back working for a company called Hortor in Leeds. He owes my friend thousands and apparently there could be a route to get the debt repaid now.

Comment

Clearcube

Agent contacted me regarding an AWS contract, he didn't know anything about IR35, apparently he is a permanent staff recruiter.

He sent through opt out after arranging interview - too late of course, not that I would have opted out. Took a look at the contract template, I could see we would be having a tough time negotiating the terms.

Then researched them on Companies House.. take a look yourself, I won't quote it here. Easy decision to walk away.

Comment

Not into individual agency bashing, but this is embarrassing for the industry!

Haigh Associates on Vimeo
              https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post

that's embarrassing for humanity, and advertising
                what a set of cnuts
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post

.....ok then

Comment

I had a terrible experience with gregory james.

I spent ages trying to get them to pay me. It took the threat of using a 3rd party to recover funds before they suddenly found the money and paid me the following day.

I did some research on them after I was paid....won't post my findings but it was illuminating to say the least

Avoid at all costs.
                    Last edited by strawberrysmoothie; 23 October 2018, 09:53.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      i have to say i did a stint with lorein and also found them to be fine. Carbon copy timesheets a bit odd but no other problems. The recruiters i dealt with were young (compared to me) lads n lasses so didn't get the impression they were professional enough to think about using me again or getting me more gigs. More like cold callers on commission. They did what was needed and no more. Can't really complain about that though.
                      capita - avoid with your life intact

Comment

Working...
                      X