• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies to avoid....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Just goes to show that any idiot can win a CUK award
    Ooh! Are we allowed to give him a bashing in here?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
      It was 12 working days, and my contract said that time was from the submission of the invoice. The only problem is that they entertain the invoice only after they get a sign copy of timesheet from client. So if you had a weekly invoicing, but monthly time sheets from the client, you are not having a fair deal. .
      I see what you're saying but that was not the circumstance. I did weekly timesheets and so did the client, all done online so all done by friday lunchtime.

No the issue was Lorien / VerticalIT just wanted to delay payments for as long as possible.

Contract said 'last friday of month, 30 working days' and they stuck to it. Live and learn.
      Last edited by bikeman; 12 January 2012, 10:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Ooh! Are we allowed to give him a bashing in here?
        No but by god I know who I am voting for next year
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Progressive
          Havent heard of them. What makes them so bad?

My recommendation to avoid is Hayes. They are the worst agency I have ever come across. The worst thing is, how many hoops they try to make contractors jump through. They might as well employ dolphins.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
            Havent heard of them. What makes them so bad?

My recommendation to avoid is Hayes. They are the worst agency I have ever come across. The worst thing is, how many hoops they try to make contractors jump through. They might as well employ dolphins.
            I think he meant REGRESSIVE as they were colloqually known!
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Yeah, i remember some time back having a bad experience with a company called Glue. Thought it was a one off but then I found a few others had vented their dissatisfaction as well....

Glue London Reviews | Glassdoor

Wonder if anything has changed then ?

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
                I never said they are the best. But when most of the agencies are now opting for 4 weeks payment terms, I guess 3 weeks is acceptable. Ideally, I would always like the payment terms to be 7 days max, but then this is business, and you can't really have it your ways always. I just tried to put another view of Lorien (or any agency).
                Are they? My last 4 contracts have all paid weekly. Timesheet by Tues/Wed and payment on Friday.
                Positive rep goes to:

Timothy James Consulting
                Fine Green Associates
                Badenoch & Clarke
                Fruition IT
                Blood in your poo

Comment

ECOM is one to avoid...they totally ignore 30 day payment terms..the 30 days starts from the following wednesday 'because that's when we do our payment run'....I said, well then you need to make sure you do it for me the wednesday before 30 days is up....

Escape also have 60 day payment terms, which are unworkable

Comment

Originally posted by keitho View Post
                    ECOM is one to avoid...they totally ignore 30 day payment terms..the 30 days starts from the following wednesday 'because that's when we do our payment run'....I said, well then you need to make sure you do it for me the wednesday before 30 days is up....

Why is 60 days unworkable?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by keitho View Post

To be fair that is standard working practice for lots of companies not just agencies. in a past life many years ago I headed up the AP department of a large retailer in South Africa and we only did one weekly payment run for the majority of our suppliers and we never paid early.

Comment

Working...
                      X