• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting newbie - opted in, failed bank security check and terminated

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must admit it'd be interesting to hear from OP to find out exactly what it was that was missed out?

Then again, has anyone thought that maybe the client changed their mind or something or decided they didnt want a contractor after all? Rather than tell the truth make up some crap reason about security checks failed etc so the contractor buggers off with no hassle...

After all, surely just by missing something off a form (assuming its it frivolous) no client would be this harsh if they really wanted the contractor there? Sounds to me like an easy excuse to get rid.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Must admit it'd be interesting to hear from OP to find out exactly what it was that was missed out?

Then again, has anyone thought that maybe the client changed their mind or something or decided they didnt want a contractor after all? Rather than tell the truth make up some crap reason about security checks failed etc so the contractor buggers off with no hassle...

After all, surely just by missing something off a form (assuming its it frivolous) no client would be this harsh if they really wanted the contractor there? Sounds to me like an easy excuse to get rid.
      On face value sounds a bit harsh as if you were trying to conceal something you wouldn't put it on your CV!

Comment

CV

I belive his CV said he was the King of Scotland, this was found to be untrue when checked.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

I disagree. His manager wants him there. Its just the HR droids who have way too much power. Big companies have way too much commercial advantage these days - its the only way they can get by while being so inefficient.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I disagree. His manager wants him there. Its just the HR droids who have way too much power. Big companies have way too much commercial advantage these days - its the only way they can get by while being so inefficient.
            But we just don't know... both comments are making huge assumptions. It is quite possible he has done something that means he fails the risk assesment. It's black and white. Nothing to do with HR having more power. In many cases this is a legal requirement let alone a business risk one. No point trying to second guess the OP's situation.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              No point trying to second guess the OP's situation.
              That sort of attitude will lead to the demise of CUK. Please don't confuse my comment by bringing facts into it.

Comment

Difficult to tell, but maybe a simple ommission that has broken the rules.

I remember having something similar when I applied for a permie finance role when I'd been out of Uni for a year. I remember getting so far down the process & they'd gone as far as checking my GCSEs from school & college. I got rejected on the basis that the information I had provided in the form was incorrect when compared to my actual results. I had put that I had 8 GCSES and the actual answer was 13 and I'd left an A-Level off. I just hadn't put the ones with crap grades on.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

My money is on the OP extending a gig longer than it really was to cover a gap or something and the finance people finding out a different set of dates. Lying on CV = bin.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Where are you OP?
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                      Sorry, but you've completely lost me here (and I've been contracting 23 years and have had to do full checks on my last 5 contracts...)

What detail did you miss, exactly?

...And your latest scheme doesn't seem to make any sense to me either. My CV has client names on it, not the name of my company. That's standard practice. It doesn't say "contract" or "permanent" anywhere on my cv. And that's never been a problem.

Seems to me - and please correct me if I'm wrong - that you told a rather large "porkie pie" on your screening form, and you are choosing not to come clean with it here. No-one gets terminated on a contract for a minor "detail on the CV" (your words, not mine.) What exactly is this "detail" you keep referring to? Only when we know that can we advise you on what you should do...
                      ITs not about coming clean here. I told a porkie on my CV but came clean on the screening form. I didnt sign my CV, the screening form was signed, so based on something they checked on my CV, not from the screening form i was terminated.

The detail is I put I had a degree when I dont. Degree was on CV ( now removed) but on signed screening form, I didnt put the degree as I realised after submitting my CV, they would check.

Comment

Working...
                      X