• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting newbie - opted in, failed bank security check and terminated

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little fibs on CV's are acceptable (within reason!).

Faking qualifications would come down as one hell of a big fib. With a lot of qualifications now, HR can just check online to see if the candidate has passed that exam once they get to the interview process. The amount of time my old HR used to catch people out lying about ITIL and PRINCE2 qualifications was almost laughable.

Let it be a lesson learned and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      So when they ask who your last client it, you're going to lie about it?
      We've already established that the OP is a liar who will stop at nothing to scam his way into a role!

Comment

Originally posted by Darksider View Post
        Little fibs on CV's are acceptable (within reason!).

Faking qualifications would come down as one hell of a big fib. With a lot of qualifications now, HR can just check online to see if the candidate has passed that exam once they get to the interview process. The amount of time my old HR used to catch people out lying about ITIL and PRINCE2 qualifications was almost laughable.

Let it be a lesson learned and move on.
        No they aren't!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          So when they ask who your last client it, you're going to lie about it?
          No, Its not on my cv and was for a week, so they wont know, hence no need to lie.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            What degree was it you didn't have, and why don't you have it?
            An Admin Degree. Didnt go to Uni, took the experience route instead, but didnt work out as i planned, so I added the most ( what I thought) basic degree. Little did I know that no matter how posh and becks course it sounds, some screeners do check it.

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
              We've already established that the OP is a liar who will stop at nothing to scam his way into a role!
              Jamjam or whatever you are. I made a mistake and admitted it. Your statement about me stopping at nothing to scam my way into a role is just laughable.

You sound very bitter. Sounds like somebody unqualified got a role you wanted, that you felt you were better qualified for. Ah well such is life hey buddy....

Lets now be adults and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by StewieG View Post
                Jamjam or whatever you are. I made a mistake and admitted it. Your statement about me stopping at nothing to scam my way into a role is just laughable.

You sound very bitter. Sounds like somebody unqualified got a role you wanted, that you felt you were better qualified for. Ah well such is life hey buddy....

Lets now be adults and move on.
                You keep trying to make this sound like it was an innocent mistake, it wasn't, it was a willful attempt to mislead an employer to enable you to secure a role that you shouldnt have. I have never lied on my CV and for your information I do not have a degree either, I have never failed to secure a role, and I have always done it honestly and legally.

And we aren't buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
                  You keep trying to make this sound like it was an innocent mistake, it wasn't, it was a willful attempt to mislead an employer to enable you to secure a role that you shouldnt have. I have never lied on my CV and for your information I do not have a degree either, I have never failed to secure a role, and I have always done it honestly and legally.

And we aren't buddies.
                  Well done for your acheivements in life thus far. Like I said, experience learned and its behind me.

Who knows, I may be working with you soon as we both dont have degrees

Comment

I've one degree already and am working on a second one. If you want a degree - get one. No more in this thread or there'll be trouble.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by StewieG View Post
                      I believe nobody has still answered my question. Ive been flamed etc, but nobody has said whether A cv holds more value then an official screening form signed by myself.
                      In this case it seems the CV does, but I think its more the fact that you lied rather than where you lied.
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X