• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPS Global Network... Anyone dealt with them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPS Global Network... Anyone dealt with them?

Anyone dealt or had a call from these guys?

IPS Global Network

Think they were offering to put me forward to multiple agencies for contract rolls... Was just heading out the door so didnt spend much time listening...

They're cold call selling like fury, I'd imagine

Sounds to me like they just want to squeeze into the vacuum-sealed gap between you and the agent with the contract...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ml#post1278933
    Sigh...

PS. Your sig might be quite appropriate in the instance.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Yes but apparently its a 12 month subscription of £239 after you have secured a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
        Anyone dealt or had a call from these guys?

IPS Global Network

Think they were offering to put me forward to multiple agencies for contract rolls... Was just heading out the door so didnt spend much time listening...
        They spammed me a few weeks ago. It took a few calls before they got the FOAD message.
        They will try to talk you in to either paying them a monthly subscription, or taking a percentage when you have a contract. Based on the calls I received, their reps make every agent I've ever talked to sound like model professionals.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

As malvolio said, it's illegal to charge work seekers for jobs. And I'd get them to confirm in writing that they wouldn't try to charge the agent commission on placing you.

And ask yourself - what exactly would they do that you wouldn't do when looking for work?

Now I'm sure that this company is above board.

But the business model I have described is parasitical...

And here's other people's experience...

http://www.pistonheads.com/xforums/t...obal%20Network
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Just had a phonecall from these guys. There asking me if a contract in Germany, which starts on the 1st March is suitable. If I take the job they will charge me 240.

Comment

Search Results

If you take any one of them I'll only charge you £100

Comment

Originally posted by TOSH1 View Post
                Just had a phonecall from these guys. There asking me if a contract in Germany, which starts on the 1st March is suitable. If I take the job they will charge me 240.
                I have to wonder, are they an employment agency or employment business as defined and regulated by The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003?
                Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                X