• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gravitas Recruitment Group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravitas Recruitment Group

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to check if anybody has worked through Gravitas Recruitment Group? I just got a contract with them and they seem to be keen to enforce a 28 day payment. This unfortunately a "no-go" clause for me, due to past experiences. Just wanted to know if anybody has worked through them before and what they are like for payment.
    threenine.co.uk
    Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Thought I'd heard of them, but it was Veritas i was thinking of. Gravitas were previously called GLOBAL RECRUITMENT PARTNERS LIMITED (until about 6 months ago) so people may have heard of them if you get no joy here.
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
      Thought I'd heard of them, but it was Veritas i was thinking of. Gravitas were previously called GLOBAL RECRUITMENT PARTNERS LIMITED (until about 6 months ago) so people may have heard of them if you get no joy here.

Thanks Nick.
      Last edited by cykophysh39; 9 July 2010, 10:12.
      threenine.co.uk
      Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Gravitas terms are 28 days...

I have just finished a contract with them. I sent the first invoice to them and have not received any payment....

I have contacted them and am waiting for some explanation of this. I will let you know the outcome.
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 15 June 2011, 11:24. Reason: Timescale corrected by Fruity in later post

Comment

First invoice OK

Hi, I have received payment for my first invoice after 28 days without any problems, will keep you up to date after my second invoice.
          They are quite unresponsive to emails, but I guess it happens often in the recruitment industry..? And the owner had an impressive career in the recruitment business before launching his own company, so I guess they do care about their reputation..

Comment

Ok - payment finally received!

They really do seem to be very poor at communication - emails indeed go unanswered. Also, there is no confirmation of receipt of invoices/timesheets or chase up if these are not received but expected. Other agencies regularly send out messages stating "timesheets received and being processed" messages and often contact me if they have not received them.

But they do appear to pay, even if it does take 28 days. Rest easy cykophysh39!

Comment

We need to do an agency ratings website with reviews and comments so we can filter out the crap agencies from the good ones. Would that kind of thing be legal?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                We need to do an agency ratings website with reviews and comments so we can filter out the crap agencies from the good ones. Would that kind of thing be legal?
                1) No we don't.

2) Open to libel and competitor dissing.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  We need to do an agency ratings website with reviews and comments so we can filter out the crap agencies from the good ones.
                  Try http://www.all-agencies-are-crap-onl...l-varies.co.uk

HTH
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X