• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackCountryContractor View Post
    Hi all again

I have also found out that I also have Management Vetting, I assume this might a localised equivalent of SC or is it something else different?
    It's akin to the old CTC and means you are able to see operational material but not personal intelligence. If you need that then you would have to be re-vetted for SC.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Has anyone here recently gone through the clearance process as a first time applicant? Im curious to what the current turn around time is as i have recently submitted an SC application.

Im a bit concerned that my credit history will be a hurdle for me though. I signed up for online credit report so i could make sure all my information was accurate on the application. I found i had been issued a CCJ 3 months ago for around £800. I've put it on the form and explained the situation behind my poor history and how my financial situation is now much improved(wife was a student for anumber of years so i was the only income coming in). Anyone received SC with ccj's as recent as mine?

Comment

has anyone gone through clearance lately? just wandering what the current turn around time is

Comment

SC transfer woe

Hi,

I have question regarding my SC and a problem I have with transferring between companies.

My SC was applied successfully for by ATOS back in 2013 as a contractor and it had an expiry of Sept 2018.

I left at ATOS for another Government department back in March 2015. My SC was requested by the agent (Capita) and used to on board me successfully and I was under the impression that this had been transferred with my new role.

I have recently finished my contract after 18 months and have been offered a new contract back at ATOS. However, ATOS have stated that my SC was not transferred by Capita when I left and as it is over 12 months it has lapsed. Capita won’t take any calls as they have stated that they can’t deal direct to individuals.

I’ve been told by ATOS that the only way forward is to start a fresh SC application, and I’m little miffed that I may lose this role due a admin error by Capita. How can I check that this doesn’t happen again?

On the plus side ATOS vetting stated that as they still have my SC clearance on file it will still require a fresh application but it should be faster to process as it will be a case of review and re-instate if my current situation has change which it hasn’t.

I also have the problem that the agent has stated that ATOS don’t want to wait for clearance and they may have to take another candidate.

Has anyone else had this problem and if you can provide any advice it will greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

HCL

Comment

You've got your answer. It wasnt used for a year so has lapsed and you have to reapply and yes it should be quicker but as you see it puts you at the bottom of the pile behind a someone with current SC. Welcome to the club. Another guy posted EXACTLY the same situation a week or so ago. Moral of both stories is if SC is so important to you YOU make sure it's been transferred properly.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You've got your answer. It wasnt used for a year so has lapsed and you have to reapply and yes it should be quicker but as you see it puts you at the bottom of the pile behind a someone with current SC. Welcome to the club. Another guy posted EXACTLY the same situation a week or so ago. Moral of both stories is if SC is so important to you Only take contracts where full SC is required rather than just BPSS.
              FTFY
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Here you go. Top link.
                https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie....0.quHZlUBXvrI
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Disciplinary in previous employment

Hi, I have been offered a role that requires me to go through SC clearance when I start. My concern is I had a disciplinary in one of my previous roles - it was only a formal verbal warning (communicated by a letter) and I continued to work at the place for another year. I would like to know if previous employers are approached by vetting agencies and if previous employers are required to disclose disciplinary issues. And can this affect SC clearance outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Welly59 View Post
                    has anyone gone through clearance lately? just wandering what the current turn around time is
                    I have just received my SC clearance and it took 4 months from when I submitted the online form.

Comment

can i get my SC clearance again?

i have had a none criminal dismissal from my work place and had my pass taken from me and asked to leave site.

I had DV clearance for 7 years and also SC clearance prior to that and because of distrust and lack of integrity i got laid off due to trying to listen into a meeting to see if was going to be laid off. I am wanting to apply for jobs but am afraid I won't get my SC clearance through due to the old company sponsor telling them what i had done and not to trust me etc. This is making me think i will never ever be able to gain SC clearance again for one small misdemeanour.

Please can anyone shed any light on what they think and if indeed my vetting record will always knock back applications for SC clearance.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X