• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Von Essen Consulting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear all,

this is my first post: I'm a new member, I've reached this forum googling about Von Essen Consulting and mainly looking for opinions on it.

I have been contacted by Von Essen Consulting. In our mail exchanges, I have not had responses to my questions and I thought it as a suspicious behaviour.
    Currently, Von Essen contractor asks me to fill in the registration form for associate status, but I'm really doubtful about that, after reading many comments of this thread.

Could someone help me to better clarify the associate status position? Could someone help me to better understand Von Essen what really represents?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by legolas View Post
      ? Could someone help me to better understand Von Essen what really represents?

Thanks in advance.
      A good chance of losing a lot of money?

Seriously, if you can't understand the gist of this thread (which is now three years old, incidentally) either you shouldn't be messing with such things or you work for Von Essen.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        A good chance of losing a lot of money?

Seriously, if you can't understand the gist of this thread (which is now three years old, incidentally) either you shouldn't be messing with such things or you work for Von Essen.
        Hi malvolio,

first of all, thanks a lot for your sudden reply.

I didn't register as associate after reading most of this thread, so finally I can understand to have learned the gist of that...

I'm not an English guy, so I didn't understand many relations reported throughout this thread (included the links existing with another suspicious company): mainly for this reason I asked an opinion/information about a such type of affiliation (associate status, a sort of pre-employed contract in my understanding).

It seems to be clear that I'm not one of the Von Essen 'henchmen' .

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
          Has anybody worked with, or is anybody associated with Von Essen Consulting?

Any good or bad things about them?
          Don't work with those guys. They are a complete disaster. They have ruined my contract in Germany. Do not believe in any declarations they make course it will cost you a lot of money. The only thing they can do is take a large chunk of your money and ask you if you know some other naive guys to sign up with them. I wish I have made some research on them before I signed them.

Comment

Von Essen offering contract roles?

Hi,

I found my way here via Google after getting the following email -

"We are looking for a contractor on a direct basis to manage some of our projects, I found your CV on jobsite so can you let me know if you are available now or in the near future. The project will be mainly based at home with occasional travel to Bristol, London and Dublin.

Kind regards
            Mod snip: no names please.

I was made redundant a month ago, and trying to find my first contract asap!

Having read this thread, VE look like an organisation to steer clear of, but has anyone heard of them offering contracts like this?

I was going to reply back asking for more details fo the role, but now I don't think I will - even though I need something!

Thanks
            Mark

Comment

Dodgy-Stay Well Clear

They didn't always pay on time, don't reply to your e-mails, I'm still waiting for my last 6 weeks pay. There tax solutions are very scary, skirting the boundary between evasion and avoidance. Large tax liabilities may be incurred.

Comment

Originally posted by aldman View Post
                They didn't always pay on time, don't reply to your e-mails, I'm still waiting for my last 6 weeks pay. There tax solutions are very scary, skirting the boundary between evasion and avoidance. Large tax liabilities may be incurred.
                You've revived at least two old threads about separate agents and claimed the agent in each still owes you 6 week's pay. What's your game?

Comment

Anyone got an update on Von Essen? Interesting reading various historic thread on the topic.

Comment

Working...
                  X