• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Von Essen Consulting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Von Essen

I was going to post the same question...I signed up with them 2 months ago and wondered how other people find them. They did my immigration and are now providing an offshore tax solution for me. Seems pretty good so far (fingers crossed)

Comment

Warning of dealing with Von Essen Consulting

Hi everyone!
      I would like to warn everyone of working with Von Essen Consulting.

I have unfortunately worked for this firm as an IT-Consultant. Their role was to handle my salary and of course take a management fee for this.

As things are right now I have still not received my salary for December 2010 and we are in the end of February.

The only thing I am getting from these guys are how much they will be extracting as management fee. In reality there have not been any management at all since I had decided to cancel my contract with them due to lack of professionalism.

I have by now contacted them countless time regarding my salary for December 2010, they keep delaying my salary with one excuse after another. The only thing they seems to care about is extracting their own management fee for work they have never done.

I have made several complaints by writing to the only email address of Von Essen consulting, that I have been able to find <snip>]. But nothing happens. It's like they have experienced this before and are trying to make it impossible for customers to make complaints.

I have asked about the email addresses of the management, yes even the CEO by writing to <snip> but this email have been completely ignored.

I have now come to the point were I have decided to start contacting local authorities: police office, tax office, etc.

Want I want with this thread is to warn everyone of dealing with Von Essen Consulting.

Sincerely
      A frustrated IT-Consultant.

[Mod] some content removed before being let through [/Mod]

Comment

Von Essen LLP Going T*ts up?

The following events have occurred for VON ESSEN LLP [OC342823] that we are currently monitoring for you: Recently Filed Documents---------------------

24/01/2011 - Termination of the member of a Limited Liability Partnership24/01/2011
        - First notification of strike-off action in London Gazette (Section 652).

Comment

They have been OK so far

I am contracting in the Nordics and have been using Von Essen since October last year. They have always done all the running for me and communicate very professionally. So far I have not had any issues with them, so no complaints whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Casall View Post
            I am contracting in the Nordics and have been using Von Essen since October last year. They have always done all the running for me and communicate very professionally. So far I have not had any issues with them, so no complaints whatsoever.
            Suggest you get your money off them quick, read two posts up....

Comment

According to payrize.com Von Essen are giving away an iPad for referring someone to them...what are the chances of getting that do we think?

Comment

I'd suggest giving them a wide berth. I'll post more when I find out if they've passed on my taxes to the taxman or not.

And their 'split' scheme involves hiding half your salary from the tax authorities. Anyone think that's wise?

One more thing - I dumped them after 2 1/2 months, after paying them approx EUR 2000 for doing f**k all.

Comment

Sheesh

I have been using VE for the past 18 months. Never had a problem. My brother is a tax lawyer and he has ok'd the scheme provided I declare the money in CH when I bring it back into the UK.

Always paid on time. Always answer email and phone promptly.

Comment

Originally posted by Just a Guy View Post
                    I have been using VE for the past 18 months. Never had a problem. My brother is a tax lawyer and he has ok'd the scheme provided I declare the money in CH when I bring it back into the UK.

Always paid on time. Always answer email and phone promptly.
                    Very, very interesting first post!

Comment

Saw this on the Sunday Solutions thread.

Not sure of the posters source, but relevant to this thread.

VE being struck off
                      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                      X