• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need to get two references ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    In the last few weeks, I've had FruitionIT and Tek Systems 'demand' two references else they 'cannot proceed' any application and me supplying them 'helps speed up the contract acceptance procedure.'

I politely declined.
    Likewise Amoria Bond. I only mention this to ensure all the Northern Agencies that play this trick are tarred with the same brush. Was tempted to give them names of people who know me and like me but I cannot stand but I decided not to bother.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      In the last few weeks, I've had FruitionIT and Tek Systems 'demand' two references else they 'cannot proceed' any application and me supplying them 'helps speed up the contract acceptance procedure.'

I politely declined.
      Can't stand them and their "virtual bench" bulltulip

Comment

Fake role.

just received this email about a role which as usual is not suitable for me.

"Due to the urgency of this role there will not be any interview taken place and the client will be basing there decision on strong references so please submit your CV with 2 point of references."

Comment

Originally posted by chineseJohn View Post

"Due to the urgency of this role there will not be any interview taken place and the client will be basing there decision on strong references so please submit your CV with 2 point of references."
          Well that is poor!
          latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Very poor indeed. Desperation stakes, I'm now expecting the pimps just to ring up and request/demand 2 refs. No job at the end of it, just the 2 refs thanks.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              Very poor indeed. Desperation stakes, I'm now expecting the pimps just to ring up and request/demand 2 refs. No job at the end of it, just the 2 refs thanks.

qh
              I'm thinking of setting up a 09.. number to generate some revenue from this

Comment

Should I write this tulip up ?

As an agent, I agree with the masses here that in almost all cases the "two references" is just bollocks and will go further that it is probably illegal.

Using these references for selling strikes me as a violation of data protection principles, might even be borderline criminal.

I'm going to check my facts and think there's enough for a "Shіt that agents say" article for the Register, but feel free to share any you think is worth slagging.
                My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Me too. Joint venture?
                  <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Not a bad idea but you'd probably just get bogus telephone interviews instead. I've had this and smelled a very large Rattus Norvegicus just in time.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
                      Me too. Joint venture?
                      I've been thinking about it for years. Never got the idea in place. May as well generate some revenue.

Comment

Working...
                      X