• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are people's preferred job sites?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are people's preferred job sites?

I posted this over in General before realising that this is probably the more appropriate board.

I took the plunge and went permie 4 months ago after 25+ years of contracting, only for the company to issue mass redundancies today, including me.

So now I'm looking for another role. I've found most of my work in recent years by chance or by network contacts, so I'm probably well out of touch with the job sites or other methods of finding work.

I know about Jobserve and LinkedIn Jobs. What other methods / sites do folks use nowadays to find work? I'll be going back to contracting if possible but will also be looking at perm roles.

(I did try the search function but it didn't help much; I also tried the Google search option as suggested by northernladuk but that gave very few results)

Get in touch with your network.

LinkedIn
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
      (I did try the search function but it didn't help much; I also tried the Google search option as suggested by northernladuk but that gave very few results)
      https://www.google.com/search?q=best...hrome&ie=UTF-8

The above search throws up a page full of results. Granted spread from 2018 to recent but a quick scan of them cover the main ones that are still true. I've never used anything but jobserve but some people are saying linkedin might have leapfrogged it to the best one but that's not the case in my experience.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is jobserve still the place to find new roles or has that changed - The OP raised a good question for senior IT contractor / perm job sites

Comment

Depends on your line of work.

For me linkedin is all I need. I don't even remember the last time I checked jobserve.

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
            Is jobserve still the place to find new roles or has that changed - The OP raised a good question for senior IT contractor / perm job sites
            No. The OP raised a question about the standard jobsites we all used. It's you that's brought it to a senior level and, for some obscure reason, brought perm in to it.

Comment

For the stuff I was doing just before retirement its going to be following action.
              Update Linkedin.
              Talk to network.
              Get word put around by other people to the worst and most bulls&&&&y part of the recruitment sector (it is actually not IT recruitment, it is in fact executive search) that I am in the market.
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

for some obscure reason, brought perm in to it.
                TBF, I did say I'd consider a perm role.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

TBF, I did say I'd consider a perm role.
                  Fair comment. Linkedin will cover that, jobserve not so good and no idea what the best perm ones are sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Fair comment. Linkedin will cover that, jobserve not so good and no idea what the best perm ones are sorry.
                    Apology accepted and you are forgiven. X

Comment

Working...
                    X