• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Approaching companies about possibility of changing perm role to contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approaching companies about possibility of changing perm role to contract

Is it worth doing this? Has anyone tried doing this, any luck?

I see a lot of perm roles offered and I would be interested if they were contract ideally outside IR35.

How long have you been contracting?
    What is your skillset?
    Why would a company want to hire you as an outside IR35 contractor for a role they have already effectively declared as being inside?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      What is your skillset?
      Why would a company want to hire you as an outside IR35 contractor for a role they have already effectively declared as being inside?
      About 6 years on and off. I'm a Data engineer/analyst, SQL, ETL, Python etc.
      I'm not saying they would or wouldn't, I'm asking if it's worth getting them to consider whether they could fill the role quicker by changing the terms.

Comment

What is your skillset?
        If they were struggling to fill it on a permie basis, possibly. But then they'd probably be advertising it already as contract/perm

Comment

Originally posted by data001 View Post
          I'm asking if it's worth getting them to consider whether they could fill the role quicker by changing the terms.
          There's no harm in asking.
          Is this direct with the end client, or via an agency?

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Is it worth doing this? Has anyone tried doing this, any luck?

I see a lot of perm roles offered and I would be interested if they were contract ideally outside IR35.
            Are you referring to roles you have seen advertised which haven't been filled for a period of time, so you think you may be able to help out?
            If so it's not such a bad idea especially if you can go direct to the end client. If they have a need and a project which has to be done then they may be agreeable.

Comment

There's no harm in asking.
              Is this direct with the end client, or via an agency?
              Either one, I was asking hypothetically.

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

Are you referring to roles you have seen advertised which haven't been filled for a period of time, so you think you may be able to help out?
                If so it's not such a bad idea especially if you can go direct to the end client. If they have a need and a project which has to be done then they may be agreeable.
                Yes, precisely those that I've seen listed for a while but are still unfilled, I've seen more than a few recently.

Comment

Yes, precisely those that I've seen listed for a while but are still unfilled, I've seen more than a few recently.
                  I admire that, you would almost become a consultancy which is the way forward really for contracting. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Comment

does not hurt to try I guess - let us know how you get on !

Comment

Working...
                    X