• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Role of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Sounds like a bog standard boring database project commanding a lowish rate (but Outside) for fully remote working.
    Not your dream but hardly ROTD-worthy.
    Where are all the £80pd roles we used to laugh at?
    That's exactly what I thought. Not the highest rate granted but not really worthy of pointing out. Fully remote will add tens to the rate so whoever takes that won't exactly be on the breadline.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Fair enough folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Fair enough folks.
        Looks like the type of role you could take 2 or 3 of and bring in £1k a day easily. They can't expect much effort for that rate. Keep expectations low and leave the role(s) off the CV if required.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

Looks like the type of role you could take 2 or 3 of and bring in £1k a day easily. They can't expect much effort for that rate. Keep expectations low and leave the role(s) off the CV if required.
          Good luck with that - I have had simultaneous roles before but I did work them both! I will admit a couple of times I did reading on role B while sat in a conference call for role A that I absolutely had no interest in.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Making £1,000 a day is, in my opinion, a good thing. Especially if it's a telecommuting case. It's a very large amount and a lot of people will love getting paid that much during the day. With that kind of money, it will be easier for me personally to fit money and make enough money. But since this is not my case yet, I do instant loans very often on an app I discovered there can.
            Last edited by Gibson; 24 July 2022, 07:23.

Comment

Which is great until you start looking for a new gig.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Which is great until you start looking for a new gig.
                You'd get a reference from your wife, not your side chicks.

Comment

Originally posted by ConsultingTechArchitect View Post

You'd get a reference from your wife, not your side chicks.
                  Except it's not a great gig on your CV when you want a proper role.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I hope you’re well.

I have a number of clients who are looking for Delphi Developers.

These are fully remote 3-6 month contracts which are outside of IR35.

There is flexibility to work full or part-time hours each week.

Rates are between £250-350 a day depending on experience.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                      I hope you’re well.

I have a number of clients who are looking for Delphi Developers.

These are fully remote 3-6 month contracts which are outside of IR35.

There is flexibility to work full or part-time hours each week.

Rates are between £250-350 a day depending on experience.
                      I thought the Perl one I mentioned early today was an ancient skillset.

Can do it but why would anyone do historic work at that sort of rate - there is no upside - crap rate, no skill enhancement, probably a crap client
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X