• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abandon principles and take £800 inside IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming i cant find outside work.

I might take as low as £500 a day inside if the work was interesting and/or I was gaining valuable skill i don't have. But only for six months max, not for 12 months. Ok maybe 12 months if the outside rate was £800 and the work was also good.

I would not any take any boring sounding inside contracts, not even at £800 a day. Not unless i had no other options.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 3 June 2022, 09:37.

Comment

Is the OP suggesting that he has a 720 a day outside in the bag at the moment as well as a second job presumably on similar money both in parralel?. So billing like 1440 a day ?

I find this difficult to believe

Comment

Originally posted by ConsultingTechArchitect View Post
        I’m running an outside role along side this one @720/day with a 6 figure war chest so I’m not desperate.

Maybe I can stick to my guns and refuse inside work.

My partner also works her clients under our ltd so even if I stop contributing to revenue for a while, the business is still active.
        From a tax planning point of view, probably cleaner to get another outside contract on a lower rate if necessary.

If it was me, I would take the second gig, salary sacrifice the lot into my SIPP (minus the regulatory minimum), and consider my options again as my annual/ or clawback contribution limits approach.
        ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
          Is the OP suggesting that he has a 720 a day outside in the bag at the moment as well as a second job presumably on similar money both in parralel?. So billing like 1440 a day ?

I find this difficult to believe
          What’s hard to believe? One outside contract @ 720/day been in progress for a few months and an 800/day inside contract offered to me last week.

im probably going to say no to the inside - if I want to run two together again I need another outside.
          Last edited by ConsultingTechArchitect; 5 June 2022, 13:00.

Comment

Originally posted by ConsultingTechArchitect View Post

What’s hard to believe? One outside contract @ 720/day been in progress for a few months and an 800/day inside contract offered to me last week.

im probably going to say no to the inside - if I want to run two together again I need another outside.
            I run two (sometimes three) simultaneously, and having one Inside means I don't have to touch the company coffers at all re salary or dividends, so it can just accumulate quickly.

It actually works quite well, and my £8k PAYE deductions per month make me feel good that I'm contributing something to society

Comment

Working...
            X