• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Interviewee red flags

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interviewee red flags

Candidates that turn up wearing Oxbridge college ties, cufflinks or signet rings.

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    Candidates that turn up wearing Oxbridge college ties, cufflinks or signet rings.
    I wouldn't recognise them if I saw them...
    Take your prejudices to General where they belong...
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I wouldn't recognise them if I saw them...
      You don't know what cufflinks are?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Turns up late or no show.

I did this a few times for permie roles but never for a contract role.

Subconscious i think, i never really wanted the roles cause they were permie, heart wasn't in it.

Once i got stuck in some really bad morning rush hour traffic on the way to the interview, so was going to be really late for it, so I just turned the car around and went back home. At least i tried
        Last edited by Fraidycat; 18 May 2022, 16:24.

Comment

Spurs fans, man utd fans, caravan club members.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
            Anyone wearing a tie.

One of my clients is very casual to say the least. I often wear jeans and a hoodie in the office and I'm one of the most overdressed people there.

Been co-interviewing for one role recently with the Head of IT and he was wearing shorts and flip flops for one interview.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post

Anyone wearing a tie.

One of my clients is very casual to say the least. I often wear jeans and a hoodie in the office and I'm one of the most overdressed people there.

Been co-interviewing for one role recently with the Head of IT and he was wearing shorts and flip flops for one interview.
              I really don't like casual wear in the office. Flip flops especially so. I don't like flip flops generally, as they are so uncomfortable, and most people have horrible feet that I simply don't want to see.

Smart-casual, fine. But looking like you just rolled out of bed, off the beach, out the bar? No.
              Doing a stroll around Windsor on 11 Sept 2 Oct for Alzheimer's Society. You can chuck me a few quid here if you like: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lmallen-1

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I really don't like casual wear in the office. Flip flops especially so. I don't like flip flops generally, as they are so uncomfortable, and most people have horrible feet that I simply don't want to see.

Smart-casual, fine. But looking like you just rolled out of bed, off the beach, out the bar? No.
                Sliders woman, sliders. Get with the times.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I think I've found the lady that used to give me snotty looks if I wore shorts on hot days.

Comment

A funny handshake, or ties/badges that link them to society/organisations that try to encourage deals to be kept in house. I want people based on their skills at doing the job, not on who they know.
                    {emotionless greeting}

Three Word Slogan

Comment

Working...
                    X