• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interviewee red flags

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    Candidates that turn up wearing Oxbridge college ties, cufflinks or signet rings.
    Anyone wearing a tie.

One of my clients is very casual to say the least. I often wear jeans and a hoodie in the office and I'm one of the most overdressed people there.

Been co-interviewing for one role recently with the Head of IT and he was wearing shorts and flip flops for one interview.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Spurs fans, man utd fans, caravan club members.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Turns up late or no show.

I did this a few times for permie roles but never for a contract role.

Subconscious i think, i never really wanted the roles cause they were permie, heart wasn't in it.

Once i got stuck in some really bad morning rush hour traffic on the way to the interview, so was going to be really late for it, so I just turned the car around and went back home. At least i tried
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 18 May 2022, 16:24.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

I wouldn't recognise them if I saw them...
    You don't know what cufflinks are?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    Candidates that turn up wearing Oxbridge college ties, cufflinks or signet rings.
    I wouldn't recognise them if I saw them...
    Take your prejudices to General where they belong...

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    started a topic Interviewee red flags

Interviewee red flags

Working...
X