• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview red flags

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibbon
    replied
    Core Time

Leave a comment:

• Funhouse
    replied
    When it becomes clear they are after free consultancy as opposed to an interview for gig.

'Can you advise us what to do in this situation'
    'How would we go about X in future'
    'How long would you think it would take to bring in this capability'
    'In your experience, which one of these is better and why'

Red flags for me.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    In general my alarm starts ringing whenever the interviewer uses words such as:

- holistic approach
    - jazzy atmosphere
    - flat structure

to describe the company. I hear those words and I'm already out.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    started a topic Interview red flags

Interview red flags

I just had a technical interview and almost every question was incredibly specific - i.e. 'Which class, method, codec etc".

When I answered questions in depth it was clear the interviewers had very little expertise in the technologies involved and were reading from a script.

Whilst the rate is very attractive the process did not reflect well on the competence of the team I would potentially be joining.

What red flags have you picked up from interviews?

I also interviewed face to face for a startup. The hipster that interviewed me took his shoes off and put his feet on the desk and halfway through proceeding grabbed a beer from the fridge. They disappeared a few months later and the founders probably regretted spending so much on Apple hardware.
    Last edited by TheDude; 28 April 2022, 12:47.

Working...
X