• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract for Danish Company -anything to watch out for ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract for Danish Company -anything to watch out for ?

Hi,
    Been approached for a contract with a company in Denmark (remote) ,is there anything- particularly from a tax view- to watch out for?

Thanks

A.

How odd, I've had five linked in approaches today about work in Denmark.

Comment

No idea about the tax status but be aware they'll have great bacon butties.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Shame it isn't there. Nice place and they have an expat tax regime for your first 5 years, IIRC (with fairly low rates compared to usual DK rates and probably quite a bit lower than the UK too).

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          No idea about the tax status but be aware they'll have great bacon butties.
          Don’t remember anything about bacon

I do remember - bored waiting staff ensuring I got a fancy breakfast to keep the chef busy (it was just before Xmas and the hotel had about 10 guests in it rather than the usual 400 or so)

lunch being at about 11:30 - which meant I got what was left on a Monday as I didn’t arrive til 11:45 or so (not bad given that I left home at 7:30 Danish time).

people working hard and leaving on the dot. Go into a meeting at 4 and by 4:45 everyone had left.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I had several visits to Copenhagen for a client about 5-6 years ago. If it's remote work, just make sure your contract confirms you can claim travel and subsistence expenses for any (unlikely) visit out there - it's wallet bustlingly expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Don’t remember anything about bacon.
              I think it's because I is old.

Click image for larger version

Name:	41OLCPJZwiL._AC_.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	4214242
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X