• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slippery agent behaviour.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quackhandle
    replied
    Yup, had this. Even when I met the client for an "informal chat".

They wanted to proceed, oh what a shock suddenly it is now inside IR35 (when explicitly advertised as outside on the ad on Jobserve).

Said no, pimp was almost begging me to take it.

qh

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    started a topic Slippery agent behaviour.

Slippery agent behaviour.

In the last few days I have pulled out of two time consuming applications after receiving offers - one because the the rate magically dropped by 10% and one because the contract magically flipped from outside to inside.

This is pretty par for the course but what is the worst behaviour you have experienced from an agent? For me it was an agent arranging an interview before even approaching me for the role and then getting *extremely* belligerent when told I wasn't interested.

Working...
X