• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transfer Paris CDG to Gare de Lyon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer Paris CDG to Gare de Lyon

Looking to do this next month, but flights/train times are leaving me with 1 h 30 ish to get from airport to Train station.

I was looking at a taxi that do transfers, anyone done this? Saw this https://www.topparistransfer.com but not sure if genuine or not.

TIA

qh

He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Looking to do this next month, but flights/train times are leaving me with 1 h 30 ish to get from airport to Train station.

I was looking at a taxi that do transfers, anyone done this? Saw this https://www.topparistransfer.com but not sure if genuine or not.

TIA

qh

Or get a cab from outside the station?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Or get a cab from outside the station?
      It's more Airport to Train station where timings are tight but yet taxi outside the terminal is an option.

Just wondered if anyone had used the transfer service.

qh

Comment

90 minutes?

Good luck. I've failed to get connections with that transfer time at CDG on a flight I frequently took.

To resolve it I started to go land side (via the pilot Lane) and walk to the appropriate terminal
        as for using that transfer service yes, but to go to disneyland with the children, twas OK but it was a 5 minute walk from the terminal to where their car was.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sorry, meant outside the airport to the station.

The biggest risk with any transfer service is the traffic, which can be horrendous. Have you looked at the RER train service? If you get the timing right that might work out better.

Comment

You certainly looking 90+ minutes for a taxi ride. I used to commute weekly to Paris few years ago to work at Saint-Lazare area and tried to avoid CDG as a plague. Constant 1h+ passport control queus for both incoming and ougoing flights. Also, my personal best was 2:20 from Paris to CDG. Orly, Gare du Nord - anything but that place.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments, better to book the later train then and not have the stress of trying to get to station during morning rush hour.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                90 minutes?

Good luck. I've failed to get connections with that transfer time at CDG on a flight I frequently took.

To resolve it I started to go land side (via the pilot Lane) and walk to the appropriate terminal
                as for using that transfer service yes, but to go to disneyland with the children, twas OK but it was a 5 minute walk from the terminal to where their car was.
                Same. Only ever missed one connection where flights were on time and over an hour between them and that was CDG. My client put out an advisory about transfer times and CDG specifically as I wasn't the only one.

That said I've had some pretty hairy runs across Heathrow to get the connection in similar timescales so not sure the problem is confined to CDG only.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You are too tight with 90 minutes.
                  More chance of IR35 being abolished than you making that.
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Working...
                  X