• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Liability / Prof Indemnity / Insurance provider recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Liability / Prof Indemnity / Insurance provider recommendations

Hello,

Can any recommend a PL / PI insurer for an IT contractor please.
    Previously used Simply Business but they want clarification on what I do, despite having covered me before and now saying they need to ensure the cover is adequate.

Thanks in advance

Personally I've used QDOS for the last 10 years as I had there PI/PL and TLC35 which included a free contract check. I've not shopped around so can't comment on prices and I'm not sure if the TLC35 and contract checks are valid anymore to be fair but it's cheap enough just to fire and forget. I can't imagine I'll save more than a few 10's of pounds for shopping around so very happy to stick with them.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've been with Caunce O'Hara for donkeys years.

Can't say what they'd be like in the event of a claim, mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Personally I've used QDOS for the last 10 years as I had there PI/PL and TLC35 which included a free contract check. I've not shopped around so can't comment on prices and I'm not sure if the TLC35 and contract checks are valid anymore to be fair but it's cheap enough just to fire and forget. I can't imagine I'll save more than a few 10's of pounds for shopping around so very happy to stick with them.
        Same, used QDOS for 8 years. Have compared QDOS to Simply Business and Hiscox in the past but QDOS was cheaper. I also remember getting spammed a lot by Simply Business so would avoid them on principle.

Comment

Same experience for me. Through convenience/laziness I have been with Simply Business for years, but now they have now checked on what I do and said that they cannot cover my professional indemnity.. I'm just a solution architect like many other on here so I don't see any special or unusual risk..

So I'm off to try QDOS. Thanks for the tip folks.

Comment

Working...
          X