• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contract - Deliverable Dates in SoW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have spoken further with the agency this morning and they have told me it that it is new piece of work with a new team that they are putting in from scratch. From my initial conversations last week, I was under the impression that I was going in to do my role within a fully functional team as this work has been ongoing for the past 12 months or so not sure if they are taken over the contract from another supplier.

I have asked further questions around the engagement because the conversations do not align with what was discussed last week, but they agree the deliverable dates should not be in the contract and are going to try to reword it.

When we discussed the work last week it was 77 days for 3-4 months, but the contract end date is until 31st July so roughly 52 days depending on when it starts next week. I have not had to interview for the role and have been selected based on my CV and references.

What does not make sense is if the work does not kick off for another week or so then why there is any reference to these lapsed deliverables dates in the contracts. As it is a high profile piece of work you can work out what the rough deliverable dates are from the news alone and the dates in the contract did match what's in the media so maybe they have missed their initial deadlines and the recruiter is not being fully transparent?

Comment

If the dates of the deliverables are before the start date of the contract then they clearly aren't the dates on which delivery is expected. You can easily argue that the delivery dates were verbally agreed as the end of the contract.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I've had the same sort of issue (estimated effort + start date would take me over the delivery dates). I have raised it with the client and they changed the dates, even though my contract did not specify any penalties if the delivery dates were not met.

If your contract doesn't state penalties for late delivery, just make sure the client acknowledges the dates are rubbish, and you will discuss them after you start.
        It may save a couple of weeks it takes to sign these things off in the public sector.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyPigeon View Post
          recruiter is not being fully transparent?
          The incorrect SoW, mixed story about the project and no interview, sound a wee bit strange. It'll be interesting to hear what's actually going on once the contract starts.

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post

The incorrect SoW, mixed story about the project and no interview, sound a wee bit strange. It'll be interesting to hear what's actually going on once the contract starts.
            Yes, this sounds curious and also seems a bit unclear if the new contractor is picking up old work. From the outside, and if the conversations don't line up - the Agency don't really know whats going on and have been tasked with getting bodies in the room ASAP. I would personally get dates on SoW changed, esp in these circumstances.

Comment

Working...
            X