• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£3k a day inside IR35 - who fancies it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£3k a day inside IR35 - who fancies it?

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/trans...228059136-GV4Z

Obviously very few people have the skills and experience to be a global CIO but this is the highest paying gig I've ever seen.

Anyone ever seen higher?

<checks pay statement>

Yep
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

On a serious note this is what IR35 should be for, the lowest of the low bums on seat who are providing a warm body, or the highest of the high who are office holders and very very well compensated
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

weird that that's on LinkedIn.
        Normally executive search recruiters deal with this.
        Too many chancers out there so an agent adds value.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
          Obviously very few people have the skills and experience to be a global CIO but this is the highest paying gig I've ever seen.
          That's because this isn't for us mere plebs. People on 3k a day move in different circles to us. Recruitment is done over a good scotch and cigar at the gentlemens club and not on linkedin.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            weird that that's on LinkedIn.
            Normally executive search recruiters deal with this.
            Too many chancers out there so an agent adds value.
            Not necessarily. There are very different types of executive search firm AKA headhunters.

There are about 15-20 big global generalist firms and the top 5 who traditionally dominated the market are known as the SHREK firms (Spencer Stuart, Heidrick & Struggles, Russell Reynolds, Egon Zehnder and Korn Ferry.) For IT perm roles, these firms start at about £150k base salary.

Then there are lots and lots of boutique and niche exec search firms, many of which were created by people who used to work at the big boys. Metamorphic, the firm who posted this role is one of those boutique firms. A good mate of mine has recently interviewed for an IT contract role with them at a mere £1000/day. I know plenty of boutique headhunters who use LinkedIn a lot.

Executive search just means targeting candidates who aren't usually looking to move, i.e. passive, as opposed to actively wanting to move. For the boutique firms, this is usually £100k salary as a minimum.
            Last edited by edison; 5 May 2021, 17:12.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That's because this isn't for us mere plebs. People on 3k a day move in different circles to us. Recruitment is done over a good scotch and cigar at the gentlemens club and not on linkedin.
              Yes, it's a different circle to most of us but maybe not quite gentleman's club type, although it is very driven by networking and referrals/introductions.

Comment

It's mostly C-level interims on those rates and usually not advertised and, yes, definitely inside IR35. It's not exactly premier league football money, but it's pretty rarefied up there. For niche technical skills, you can get similar rates (i.e., rate equivalent) with fixed price work because, essentially, you are "better" at estimating than the client and they need you, but that's short-term stuff.

Comment

And no one commented on what the equivalent perm salary would be ?!

220*3? Or more like 250k including bonus?

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                    And no one commented on what the equivalent perm salary would be ?!

220*3? Or more like 250k including bonus?
                    LOL

Top global CIOs are on way more money than that. If you look at Fortune 500 US firms, their CIOs annual package can reach $15m p.a.

I know several current and ex-FTSE100 CIOs. Based on what their CEO and CFO earn, I'm guessing the highest earning one makes maybe £1m a year. Most of that will be in long term incentive plans and share options.

Comment

Working...
                    X