• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£1bn UK-India trade deals will create 6,000 UK jobs, says PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigDataPro
    replied
    UK and India agree to let more young people in

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56985363

Leave a comment:

• cwah
    replied
    Hey, they had to find a way to sort out the mess they created with IR35!

Getting cheaper labour from India look like an easy way out!

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Malvolio still wants Boris and Rishi stashing tax payers money into friends pockets, opening the IT floodgates, and putting IT contractors into the dustbin of history.
    Don't think I said that at all.

Do you really think, after 20 years fighting IR35, I am pleased by Chapter 10 and its strengthening of Labour's worst ever piece of legislation?

Perhaps remind yourself what Schiller said...

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Malvolio still wants Boris and Rishi stashing tax payers money into friends pockets, opening the IT floodgates, and putting IT contractors into the dustbin of history.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...united-kingdom

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

Okay, I can tell you are a dyed in the wool Tory voter. No amount of sleaze, corruption by senior Tory ministers, no amount of unlimited Indian work permits to make the chancellors wife's father happy, no amount of supported and strengthened "anti-avoidance" legislation is going to make you think deeper.

At least this govt has support after all amongst IT contractors.
    Well if that's what you believe, who am I to argue. You stick to Kafka, I'll go with Schiller.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

No, we're talking incompetence in the NHS provisioning services and the PHE and ill-advised efforts to get supplies from previously non-existent supply chains. Or, to put it another way, panic induced by earlier incompetence by those charged with preparing for an episode such as the pandemic and contracts written by a Civil Service with zero knowledge of commerce..

Perhaps we should be blaming the poll tax, or Wilson's devaluation or Macmillan's economic optimism or Palmerston's bag-of-gold budget model. Whatever, it's history, we should try living in the here and now.
    Okay, I can tell you are a dyed in the wool Tory voter. No amount of sleaze, corruption by senior Tory ministers, no amount of unlimited Indian work permits to make the chancellors wife's father happy, no amount of supported and strengthened "anti-avoidance" legislation is going to make you think deeper.

At least this govt has support after all amongst IT contractors.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

The curtains thing is a distraction. Look at the unlawful use of funds to Tory friends and relatives running PPE, track and trace, Covid testing companies. In this we are talking billions in fraud and money laundering by the govt.
    No, we're talking incompetence in the NHS provisioning services and the PHE and ill-advised efforts to get supplies from previously non-existent supply chains. Or, to put it another way, panic induced by earlier incompetence by those charged with preparing for an episode such as the pandemic and contracts written by a Civil Service with zero knowledge of commerce..

Perhaps we should be blaming the poll tax, or Wilson's devaluation or Macmillan's economic optimism or Palmerston's bag-of-gold budget model. Whatever, it's history, we should try living in the here and now.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

OK. the available options are to vote for a party which will shut down the economy so nobody has any money - except of course for their trade union paymasters and their half million or so members - or one that sacrifices business on the altar of stopping the UK generating 1/200th the CO2 emissions that China add to the pot every month.

The IT trade was wrecked by Labour's immigration policies and further buggered up by Cable's support for this Indian friends under the Coalition. As for "sleaze" and the rest - as of now it's f***ing curtains. WGAS?

I fear it is not us grown ups who need to look around them...
    The curtains thing is a distraction. Look at the unlawful use of funds to Tory friends and relatives running PPE, track and trace, Covid testing companies. In this we are talking billions in fraud and money laundering by the govt.

Details of the investigation into the sleaze and corruption here:

https://action.goodlawproject.org/ci...df69c0747109ff

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

Perhaps in the past, the Tories WERE the party for a strong economy, the party that supports business, that supports IT contractors in particular.

It is clear that this Tory govt is a party that supports sleaze, corruption, fraud, and supports the destruction of the UK IT sector by various means (legislation, work permits, etc)

Therefore I would suggest everyone reconsiders what they THINK are likely to destroy their livelihoods at the next election.
    OK. the available options are to vote for a party which will shut down the economy so nobody has any money - except of course for their trade union paymasters and their half million or so members - or one that sacrifices business on the altar of stopping the UK generating 1/200th the CO2 emissions that China add to the pot every month.

The IT trade was wrecked by Labour's immigration policies and further buggered up by Cable's support for this Indian friends under the Coalition. As for "sleaze" and the rest - as of now it's f***ing curtains. WGAS?

I fear it is not us grown ups who need to look around them...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X