• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 - I am inside or outside ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends.

It can vary on a contract by contract basis. Your main one could be for hours worked and be inside while your other four could be for a fixed service/price and be outside.

Have a read of the IR35 stuff on the right of the forum.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It doesn't matter. people just declare OUTSIDE IR35 and work normally. take some QDOS insurance and chill.

Comment

QDOS won't sell you jack tulip if you are inside, you need to be genuinely outside to get insurance, it's there to protect you in case HMRC disagrees with you being outside, not to pay out regardless of being in / out. Even if you get insurance and are clearly inside, then they won't honour the insurance as you lied to them.

Comment

is it? I have seen many take QDOS insurance even when the terms are outside IR35! not sure, how they got it

Comment

Originally posted by RobScott View Post
            is it? I have seen many take QDOS insurance even when the terms are outside IR35! not sure, how they got it
            QDOS will sell you it. Doesn't mean they will honour it.
            How many of these people you've seen have claimed?
            Your anecdotal evidence is sketchy at best.
            Also bear in mind that you buy TLC35 for your company not for any specific contract. You could have it before you start a contract.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by RobScott View Post
              Most likely lied / didn't say the truth when being asked questions when buying insurance/ renewing. Of course you can do the same, but it's money down the drain as Qdos will not represent you in court if you are clearly blatantly inside or they feel like you've hidden something important from them. Basically if they feel like they have a leg to stand on, they will support you, which shows why having contract / working practices reviews is so important. Honestly they'd be dumb to do otherwise and have to rebrand themselves as a charity for "outside" contractors caught inside.

Comment

Working...
              X