• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agy asking about other director

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agy asking about other director

So after 6 renewals the agency are asking about the other director of my ltd...surely this has got nothing to do with them either they want the services or they don't? (Its one of the big ones...and for a big telco who are gearing up for IR35)

Sounds like they are finally getting around to doing due diligence or it's been picked up on an audit.

I've never understood why, as it doesn't affect me I guess, but there are sometimes issues with having additional directors with a significant shareholding. It's something to do with persons with significant control.

Comment

Originally posted by ProgMgr View Post
      So after 6 renewals the agency are asking about the other director of my ltd...surely this has got nothing to do with them either they want the services or they don't? (Its one of the big ones...and for a big telco who are gearing up for IR35)
      Sounds like they've been tardy with their diligence and they are getting their ducks in order before April. This one has been asked many times so it's not uncommon. I wonder if the length of time you've been there has also got them spooked.

The closest I think we got to an explaination was from Mr Hallet many years ago.

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
      Bolshie. There are probably two bits of legislation that the 'compliance team' will be referencing to get to this decision, namely MSC and Onshore Intermediaries.

The agency will be protecting their position as there are transfer of debt provisions if you don't pay up.

At this point the transfer of debt provision is largely untested as you are just a single contractor the commercial risk for a larger agency is minimal.

In your example, we'd probably ask a few more questions and wave it through.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ProgMgr View Post
        What does your contract say? A few times over the years I’ve seen the clause (no additional directors) at big banks And you would fail onboarding You probably have this clause and internal audit has just checked

Yes and agree it’s none of there business

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          What does your contract say? A few times over the years I’ve seen the clause (no additional directors) at big banks And you would fail onboarding You probably have this clause and internal audit has just checked

Yes and agree it’s none of there business

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          their
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
          X