• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consequences of being submitted to a client by two agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannon999
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Exactly same. Not lied but one said banking client in Manchester, the other said finance client in Cheshire. Same role at Barclays. Argument broke out about representation and the client refused to interview even though as I was sat in the car park waiting to go in.

You should listen.
    Tbh I just didn't realise it was the same client because the other agency was in touch over a week ago (a lot has happened since then!) and I have forgotten by now the name of the client. So when the new agency came along I just said sure go ahead

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Don't know about nowadays, but years ago the client would bin your CV for submitting via different agencies for the same role.

Happened to me once, a long time ago, but 2nd agency pretty much lied about who the client was. Dodgy 90's agents, eh ?
    Exactly same. Not lied but one said banking client in Manchester, the other said finance client in Cheshire. Same role at Barclays. Argument broke out about representation and the client refused to interview even though as I was sat in the car park waiting to go in.

You should listen.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Don't know about nowadays, but years ago the client would bin your CV for submitting via different agencies for the same role.

Happened to me once, a long time ago, but 2nd agency pretty much lied about who the client was. Dodgy 90's agents, eh ?

Leave a comment:

• Consequences of being submitted to a client by two agencies

Just wondering.. They usually give you to copy paste some usual rubbish about exclusive representation to the client but I must admit I don't always listen to them babbling on about the client that they are representing and only research the client if an interview is given.

Working...
X