• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HSBC inside IR35 contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    The problem is that the industry is based on 3/6/12 month contracts for no reason at all outside the fact they just want bums on seats.
    Normally clients have a rough idea of how long the initial work is.

And also a client should try and keep a contractor on his toes, too many are freeloading slackers.

Many contractors think they worth the money just for their skills and experience alone, but don't actually want to do any hard work that actually uses those skills in the contract itself.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    I've never had an agent say "to be honest they'll have you for 3 months and bin you then", though it does of course happen.

Extensions aren't guaranteed. Full contract terms aren't guaranteed. You get danger money in exchange
    I don't really take much notice of end dates anymore. Might just be me but clients either run out of money or extend you.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    I've never had an agent say "to be honest they'll have you for 3 months and bin you then", though it does of course happen.

Extensions aren't guaranteed. Full contract terms aren't guaranteed. You get danger money in exchange

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    I have never had longer than a six month contract and I don't see anything longer than six months being advertised. Before anyone chips in to highlight their 25 year outside of IR35 contract on £2,000 a day I am not saying it doesn't happen just quite unusual.
    The problem is that the industry is based on 3/6/12 month contracts for no reason at all outside the fact they just want bums on seats.
    When an agent says 3 months but maybe 2 years it means one of two things.

1) This is a big project, of at least a year but we ant to reserve the right to bin you off without argument if you're crap (yes I know they don't need to wait but it's just how client managers think).
    2) We want a permietractor.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    I have never had longer than a six month contract and I don't see anything longer than six months being advertised. Before anyone chips in to highlight their 25 year outside of IR35 contract on £2,000 a day I am not saying it doesn't happen just quite unusual.

Leave a comment:

• BrandNewOne
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    That's common, don't read anything into it. The programme may be slated to last for a couple of years but they'll put people on rolling 3 or 6 month contracts.
    Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by BrandNewOne View Post
    Thanks a bunch. Got the contract...only for 6 months. So whatevs. Let's see how it goes. Not sure if it will go longer than 6 months. I was told it might be 2 years in all. Let's see.
    That's common, don't read anything into it. The programme may be slated to last for a couple of years but they'll put people on rolling 3 or 6 month contracts.

Leave a comment:

• BrandNewOne
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Wait days for what ? Contract to come through ? I cannot remember now but most people have only now turned up back at work so be patient, it will definitely come through. Send out a chaser if it has been a week or so, I do remember chasing the recruiter many times.

It was a full blown check on employment/education history, bank and financial checks and criminal checks including Scotland check etc. All in all, takes about 4 weeks, nothing to worry about.

I was paid into my personal account.
    Thanks a bunch. Got the contract...only for 6 months. So whatevs. Let's see how it goes. Not sure if it will go longer than 6 months. I was told it might be 2 years in all. Let's see.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by BrandNewOne View Post
    Thanks so much. How many days did you wait..it's been since Monday evening for me.

Also, what type of checks did they do..

For IR35, are you paid through your personal current account..
    Wait days for what ? Contract to come through ? I cannot remember now but most people have only now turned up back at work so be patient, it will definitely come through. Send out a chaser if it has been a week or so, I do remember chasing the recruiter many times.

It was a full blown check on employment/education history, bank and financial checks and criminal checks including Scotland check etc. All in all, takes about 4 weeks, nothing to worry about.

I was paid into my personal account.

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    We've another post on here at the moment that's made a big mistake not understanding how inside IR35 works and it's costing him dearly. Please do a bit more research about the way you are employed before you do the same.
    @northernladuk is being unusually polite since 2021. Believe it's his/her's New Year's resolution. Well done! (fingers crossed!)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X