• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fight to save Ltd or not

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by oliverson View Post
    I’m playing the same game as everybody else, it’s just that the numbers are a lot bigger.

Instead of having a pop at me for what I can only deduce is a perceived enviable lifestyle, go out and get the high rates yourself. And if you’re critical because I don’t have kids, nobody forced you to have them. And think of the hassle it is to keep 6 bedrooms and 5 bogs clean!
    Errr... not very enviable at all....

But you keep thinking that.

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    I’m playing the same game as everybody else, it’s just that the numbers are a lot bigger.

Instead of having a pop at me for what I can only deduce is a perceived enviable lifestyle, go out and get the high rates yourself. And if you’re critical because I don’t have kids, nobody forced you to have them. And think of the hassle it is to keep 6 bedrooms and 5 bogs clean!
    Last edited by oliverson; 27 August 2020, 18:47.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    Warchest from 8 years back to back £650/d contracting gone in 6months, with >50k debt - and no kids!?

yikes, you must live like a fecking rock star

better call saul
    And spent enough time having a pop at parents with problems...... hard times are not as easy as they seem when you have to endure the yourself.

OP has my sympathy for the situation, but not for the reasons he got there.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
    I'm not going to join in with any bashing, the guy doesn't need it, & I wish him luck getting out of this hole.
    But, given the high rates you've said you've had over the years, is it the case that you've over-exposed yourself with the 2 properties, &/or lifestyle?
    I'm just a little surprised, from what you have told us, that your warchest is depleted & you're financially in the red, owing money left, right & centre, when, taking things at face value, you should be well in the black...or have I missed something?
    You’ve not missed anything. It’s all been spent on additional properties.

The answer is simple.

Leave a comment:

• SteelyDan
    replied
    I'm not going to join in with any bashing, the guy doesn't need it, & I wish him luck getting out of this hole.
    But, given the high rates you've said you've had over the years, is it the case that you've over-exposed yourself with the 2 properties, &/or lifestyle?
    I'm just a little surprised, from what you have told us, that your warchest is depleted & you're financially in the red, owing money left, right & centre, when, taking things at face value, you should be well in the black...or have I missed something?

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    I made the decision to cease with client end February ... Then there's burnout from 8 years of constant end-to-end contracting, repairing the tulip from the last crisis, including a stint over 2 years sometimes billing 8 days a week!
    min £ 650, London finance.
    I also have no children. Just made different lifestyle choices to others.
    1. Corporation Tax due end of year (£ 18k)
    2. VAT deferred (£6k)
    3. Bounce back loan (£30k)
    4. Directors Loan (£ 30k)
    Warchest from 8 years back to back £650/d contracting gone in 6months, with >50k debt - and no kids!?

yikes, you must live like a fecking rock star

better call saul

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
    Is that legal?
    It's called "divorce" and as I remember a few Tory MPs did it a couple of decades ago so the loophole must be closed by now.

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    I've always thought I was better than the average contractor.

Reading you guys attack me because I'm not showing any sympathy towards someone with multiple properties (and much better off than the average person hit by this pandemic) who now blames only the government for his poor business decisions just proves I was right.

To the OP, good luck and I hope you learn from your failures.

To the others, look at yourselves in the mirror.
    Err little support in this pandemic. Taking on debt to survive whilst most people are bankrolled not to work. One property is my pension. I don’t have a conventional pension. Sounds like you’re saying anybody who has a pension is well off. I also have no children. Just made different lifestyle choices to others.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    I've always thought I was better than the average contractor.

Reading you guys attack me because I'm not showing any sympathy towards someone with multiple properties (and much better off than the average person hit by this pandemic) who now blames only the government for his poor business decisions just proves I was right.

To the OP, good luck and I hope you learn from your failures.

To the others, look at yourselves in the mirror.

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    Real financial difficulties? He said he has more than one property, in the UK and in Europe.

Sorry but there's people with real problems out there.
    Absolutely, you being one of them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X