• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your Best Rate And Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best rate

i was at goldmans in 2008 - paid me hourly at £80 - sometimes with weekend work i got 60hr average weeks - so about £4800 a week
    then left and went to JP Morgan - they had an odd situation - day rate of £650 - but if you only worked 1hr - e.g. on a sat - you got a fulldays pay - also if you went over 8 hrs they paid pro-rata - so people would work on train, at home - bill 16hr days basically - got £1300 per day and then £1300 for 2 hrs at weekend - so about £9k per week.

rates been lower since then - typically 750 per day.
    Last edited by slogger; 24 June 2020, 17:19.

Comment

Originally posted by slogger View Post
      i was at goldmans in 2008 - paid me hourly at £80 - sometimes with weekend work i got 60hr average weeks - so about £4800 a week
      then left and went to JP Morgan - they had an odd situation - day rate of £650 - but if you only worked 1hr - e.g. on a sat - you got a fulldays pay - also if you went over 8 hrs they paid pro-rata - so people would work on train, at home - bill 16hr days basically - got £1300 per day and then £1300 for 2 hrs at weekend - so about £9k per week.

And people blame the government for banks wanting rid of contractors....
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        Indeed..however I honestly never even negotiated on rates, I knew what the market rates where for my skillset and if someone offered a bit more I took it...

Comment

Originally posted by slogger View Post

My rates have always been around 500. Had a nice project where we got weekend work, but we would knock off at lunchtime, having had breakfast and lunch paid for. For me coming from a 40k perm job it felt like a huge amount.

Really was the gravy train in those days. Not unusual to come across contractors in their 20s on 800 a day, Program Managers on 1200. One of them drove his Bentley to the office.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
            This is not general but I will help you

650 * 252 * 2.5 * 1.2 (VAT of course) == 490K
            tulip, where does it all go

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
              tulip, where does it all go
              Don’t get your hopes up, LPM1 isn’t that hot on calculations and living.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
                This is not general but I will help you

650 * 252 * 2.5 * 1.2 (VAT of course) == 490K
                Always nice to meet a member of the Oude Joris Max 120 Executive Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  Still cheaper than a team of EY consultants for similar output.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

£1500 - 2019 for 9 months. I actually asked to be let go because I was twiddling my thumbs and didn't want to burn the relationship with the client permanently. Probably should have just milked it though.

Most days billed was 265 but my rate was about half the above and I was billing days for an on-call rota.

IR35 and Brexit damaged the headline but still doing alright.

Comment

Originally posted by fool View Post
                      £1500 - 2019 for 9 months. I actually asked to be let go because I was twiddling my thumbs and didn't want to burn the relationship with the client permanently. Probably should have just milked it though.

Most days billed was 265 but my rate was about half the above and I was billing days for an on-call rota.

IR35 and Brexit damaged the headline but still doing alright.
                      1500 day?? Wow that is something indeed

Can you confirm industry and sort of work and years of experience

I always thought those figures were reserved for Lab49 / Accenture

Comment

Working...
                      X