• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will more jobs be outsourced to India after Rishi Sunak is the Chancellor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    How many times have I been at a client where ten years ago Accenture etc came in, raped and pillaged, and got thrown out, after £millions had gone down the drain, only to find: guess who's here again in greater numbers than before? Yes - you've got it.

Clients have no memory whatsoever.
    Exactly this. I watched Accidenture get offed a project once after doing in a massive budget and handing over, literally, a list of stuff that hadn't been completed yet (like nearly all of it). Less than a month later they were back on an even bigger project for the same client. Happens all the time. Same client brought another big consultancy in for a transformation program, binned them half way through and brought Accidenture in when their previous record was, at best, tulipe.

Anyone who thinks this will lead to 'taking back control' of UK IT projects by UK contractors is borderline mental.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    How many times have I been at a client where ten years ago Accenture etc came in, raped and pillaged, and got thrown out, after £millions had gone down the drain, only to find: guess who's here again in greater numbers than before? Yes - you've got it.

Unfortunately the decision makers are often none technical and have no understanding of what a good delivery looks like. They are loathed to do any lessons learnt as the come back will be on them and will pass the blame onto the supplier when they are the numpties who should have got fired for hiring them in the first place. You often see "CTOs" doing the rounds going from one disaster to another before they have to carry the can.

As soon as the usual suspects, Capastrophe, Crapita, Accenture are involved you know it's going to be a disaster. I've seen more delivered by a team of 3 good guys and no BS than legion of big consultancies.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by perplexed View Post
    Worked at several clients where the work involved replacing Infosys crap to provent client being gouged ad infinitum. They may be cheap but those clients have no intention of dealing with them again.
    Yes, they'll get TCS in instead

You're deluded if you think these companies will all of a sudden start demanding on-shore resources only.

Leave a comment:

• perplexed
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    I disagree. Most companies will look at the bottom line. Consultancy costs are up front and real. The cost of Technical debt is hidden and re-paid up over time.
    Well aware of technical debt costs over time.

Worked at several clients where the work involved replacing Infosys crap to provent client being gouged ad infinitum. They may be cheap but those clients have no intention of dealing with them again.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Ya think ?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by perplexed View Post
    Most companies won't want to repeat the mistakes of offshoring.

Using consultancies wtih a British base on site is a different matter.
    I disagree. Most companies will look at the bottom line. Consultancy costs are up front and real. The cost of Technical debt is hidden and re-paid up over time.

Leave a comment:

• Naruto1
    replied
    I had the misfortune of working for Infosys on a 3 months contract.
    They wanted me to come on time but have no fixed ending time like their workers back in India.
    Had to complain to my agency before they dropped this bs.

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    Originally posted by rossb2 View Post
    They were on 30K before. Does a 20% drop make much difference?
    maybe not but the UNLIMITED part will

Leave a comment:

• rossb2
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    UNLIMITED IT STAFF ON 24KPA
    =contract market destroyed + no need to worry about IR35 anymore
    They were on 30K before. Does a 20% drop make much difference?

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    UNLIMITED IT STAFF ON 24KPA
    =contract market destroyed + no need to worry about IR35 anymore

Leave a comment:

Working...
X