• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to deal with dodgy agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Signed by who???
    His hiring manager you pedantic throb.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by fidot View Post
    You've done 4 days work and have already raised an invoice? What does your contract say about invoicing and payment schedules?
    I wouldn't worry about bad agency reviews too much. Pretty much every agency will have bad reviews somewhere.
    Exactly. "Dodgy agency" hardly narrows down the field.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Signed by who???
    The person who has management responsibility for the contractor.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    Proper firms don't experiment with timesheet systems.....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by richard101 View Post
    got it signed by my manager and emailed it, no reply.(
    Signed by who???

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Don't fire emails here and there. Phone up the agent who placed you and get an explanation from them.

Experimenting with a new timesheet system? Since its not live, ask to use the current timesheet system for now..

What does your contract say about payment schedule? Do you even have a written contract?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    You're out of petrol money?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Thanks Friends. No messing about here huh? Will keep my paranoia in check, my head on my work, and will try not to ruin things. Ttfn.
    we're like Mumsnet for nerds.

Leave a comment:

• richard101
    replied
    Thanks Friends. No messing about here huh? Will keep my paranoia in check, my head on my work, and will try not to ruin things. Ttfn.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    The only people who review agencies are those who like to complain and probably find reason to do so.

Yes you should have been given instructions on their timesheet system but you probably should be doing timesheets on a Monday to Friday or monthly basis and your's didn't cover that period.

Equally having placed you the agent is now after his next lot of commission the last thing he wants is a needy annoying contractor - he's probably already seeking your replacement knowing that he needs to be prepared for when the client wants rid of said annoying contractor.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    yup Thursday, Friday. Monday, Tuesday. Invoice / pay is weekly. No good reviews. Just 1 and 2 stars.
    complete your timesheet as per the contract. Invoice as per the contract. You cannot seriously expect them to pay ubntil you are owed.

HINT: you are not owed a single penny yet...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X