• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to deal with dodgy agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richard101
    replied
    Originally posted by fidot View Post
    You've done 4 days work and have already raised an invoice? What does your contract say about invoicing and payment schedules?
    I wouldn't worry about bad agency reviews too much. Pretty much every agency will have bad reviews somewhere.
    yup Thursday, Friday. Monday, Tuesday. Invoice / pay is weekly. No good reviews. Just 1 and 2 stars.

Leave a comment:

• fidot
    replied
    You've done 4 days work and have already raised an invoice? What does your contract say about invoicing and payment schedules?
    I wouldn't worry about bad agency reviews too much. Pretty much every agency will have bad reviews somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• richard101
    started a topic How to deal with dodgy agency

How to deal with dodgy agency

Hi Friends, I started a new contract, at a great rate (paid weekly), in a great location. The role is my primary role, I'm good at it.

Then I saw the average 2 stars the agency has to on Google reviews. And started reading about ignored emails, lying on the phone, and generally unhappy contractors being messed about.

I emailed asking for timesheets, got a reply about experimenting with a new online system.

I composed my own invoice and timesheet, got it signed by my manager and emailed it, no reply.

I emailed that I had no petrol money, and got a reply that the invoice and timesheet have been passed to the payrole department.

I'm taking today off - to see what happens.

Question: What are good tactics for this situation? Am I over reacting to the reviews (only done 4 days work), or is it best to move on sharpish (while they don't owe me too much) to a lesser but more likely to be actually paid rate. Should I involve my manager? Say, cc'ing in a email enquiring about my scheduled pay date? Or is this just how it is sometimes
    Last edited by richard101; 13 February 2020, 08:20.

Working...
X