• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deutsche - FTC with day rate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uk contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    The Greek Drachma worth more than the Euro eh?
    Effectively yes that's correct!!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    ONLY reason DB has not yet collapsed is its propped up by the EU & IMF to prevent contagion. Its an open secret on many Trade Floors in London its when not if I goes under!
    The Greek Drachma worth more than the Euro eh?

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    Quite a stiffening read: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...its-old-normal

Glad we're out of the EU; a collapse of DB would bring it down.
    ONLY reason DB has not yet collapsed is its propped up by the EU & IMF to prevent contagion. Its an open secret on many Trade Floors in London its when not if I goes under!

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Actually I come from a 20+ year business consultancy background with the occasional foray into big project delivery. Agile has little place in my world, and where it is used by teams subordinate to my role it is always inside a traditional waterfall overall plan.

And if you break it down far enough, Agile still works like waterfall, just with much easier work definitions and far more responsive delivery and problem resolutions. That said, it's great for software dev and similar but I won't be building a disaster-tolerant datacentre using it.

But wander too far along the Agile route and the best IR35 defence of deliverables based contracts is out of the window. Old fashioned techniques - the ones BoDs understand - still have their place.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    DB are happy for anyone to work there considering the dire financial situation they are in!
    Quite a stiffening read: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...its-old-normal

Glad we're out of the EU; a collapse of DB would bring it down.

Leave a comment:

• uk contractor
    replied
    DB are happy for anyone to work there considering the dire financial situation they are in!

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
    Thanks for posting, consider my (and possibly other seasoned pros.) with one Carlo Ancelotti sized eyebrow raised.

Speculation: One of the HR MD's is on holiday and one of the junior HR staff had to make a Friday afternoon decision after doing 4 pints of cider and 2 grams of Wham! at lunchtime in all-bar-one......

I'm at Db (though via NTT/DD) and have heard 'nafink' as they say down here. Yet I am seeing a raft of people on that offpayroll website stating Db have banned PSCs and all must go PAYE via ResourceSolutions (not my pimp).

Leave a comment:

• Amanensia
    replied
    This seems to be becoming a small "thing" - a friend and former colleague is working at a client who are in the process of moving at least some of their contractors onto a FTC using a formula along the lines of salary = old day rate * days worked in typical year * uplift, where uplift is calculated on a case-by-case basis to make the option approximately neutral in terms of take-home pay for the former contractor.

Historically this would never fly, partly because the cost to the client is obviously greater than pre-reform, but mostly as internal salary scales would have to be blown wide open, which is awkward as hell in terms of internal corporate politics. But perhaps attitudes are very slowly starting to change. It might not be the worst possible model going forwards - I must admit if I were offered a role on this basis I would probably say yes.

Leave a comment:

• Bluenose
    replied
    Originally posted by LetterBox View Post

"Actually really pleased with the outcome. Been offered a very respectable day rate on PAYE including Pension, 35 days hols,
    Thanks for posting, consider my (and possibly other seasoned pros.) with one Carlo Ancelotti sized eyebrow raised.

Speculation: One of the HR MD's is on holiday and one of the junior HR staff had to make a Friday afternoon decision after doing 4 pints of cider and 2 grams of Wham! at lunchtime in all-bar-one......

Leave a comment:

• LetterBox
    replied
    I think in the longer term you'll have two models - this FTC based for traditional inside roles (which I suggested a couple of weeks ago) and an outside traditional model where CEST tool has proven outside. Means that Deutsche can run the tool before advertising the role and push it out as the FTC advert or traditional contract advert.
    Absolutely, as long as the FTC is rate based and not traditional pro-rata it should work as the market then dictates rates, additional benefits can then be balanced for sweetners.

IF Deutsche have made this work with Resource Solutions and after the "I'm leaving", "bye then", "looking for outside only contracts" contractor knee jerk has died down, if Deutsche-like models are noticed by other FS's as pulling in skilled contractors, it could be the new norm.

I'll keep my company ticking over in any case, SOW with clear determination on short term projects is still desired personally.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X