• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deutsche - FTC with day rate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
    actually the paye with RS and then into permie is kind of the worse of the lot

RS will have to give your name up to HMRC and so you are then on the hook.

like we know

hmrc have said they promised they will be nice .. and they have to raise a dead ltd back to life (assuming they allowed the strike off in the first place !) so maybe we are worried over nothing

he said worriedly
    More pertinently, they'll be opening a whole can of worms in terms of back claims against the client for unpaid holidays, etc. for those being investigated who have significant tenure. HMRC will suddenly become public enemy number one with most large firms who have had long-tenure contractors.

Leave a comment:

• CanPayButWouldRatherNot
    replied
    actually the paye with RS and then into permie is kind of the worse of the lot

RS will have to give your name up to HMRC and so you are then on the hook.

like we know

hmrc have said they promised they will be nice .. and they have to raise a dead ltd back to life (assuming they allowed the strike off in the first place !) so maybe we are worried over nothing

he said worriedly

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied
    But HMRC have pinky-promised that they won't.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Mephisto View Post
    Finally had an email today... Ban on PSCs as expected...

Choices:
    -Brolly (strict list of 4 so no using Lucy/Clarity which is a bit tulip)
    -PAYE
    -Bench (see thread: State of the Market)
    -Retire (too young/broke)
    -Cark-it (....)

Everyone has asked for an uplift (shocker) so waiting to see what will happen there.

Joy
    Has everyone also asked for back-taxes to be paid when HMRC come after you all next year?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
    A few people have mentioned that they are going to push people to go perm when the 45 week tenure is up and those that are not must be out for 12 weeks before they are to return to the bank.
    Sounds like the old AZ rule from years ago

Leave a comment:

• Mephisto
    replied
    Finally had an email today... Ban on PSCs as expected...

Choices:
    -Brolly (strict list of 4 so no using Lucy/Clarity which is a bit tulip)
    -PAYE
    -Bench (see thread: State of the Market)
    -Retire (too young/broke)
    -Cark-it (....)

Everyone has asked for an uplift (shocker) so waiting to see what will happen there.

Joy

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by DigitalUser View Post
    Mightily curious about this - are they going through an intermediary?

I'm leaving DB as well, btw.
    I have heard that it will be a consultancy. Seeing as DB have not gone the way of HSBC and LLoyds then it is probably an option.

Leave a comment:

• oliverson
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
    Yes they want to stop it.

You have to look at it from HMRC perspective. They are trying to remove all disguised permies, if you are just switching roles within the same company, at the same location, that is a red flag imho.

Personally, I would have like to have seen some sort of an alignment with the 24 month expenses rule and no return to same client within 18 months.
    Me too. Wouldn't that be a very simple approach to determining permies from contractors? Problem solved. 18 month limit for assignments and expenses. Stay longer and you're a perm.

Leave a comment:

• DigitalUser
    replied
    Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
    It must do as I know areas are finding ways around the ban of PSC's.

Anyway as it is my last day with DB I will reject the PAYE offer of a contract on my way out! Sent a reminder email to sign every single day since Friday.
    Mightily curious about this - are they going through an intermediary?

I'm leaving DB as well, btw.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    Originally posted by NeedTheSunshine View Post
    It must vary from team to team as they are converting some people to perm now.

Who knows what will happen after the 45 weeks is up?
    It must do as I know areas are finding ways around the ban of PSC's.

Anyway as it is my last day with DB I will reject the PAYE offer of a contract on my way out! Sent a reminder email to sign every single day since Friday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X